Home | About | Donate

Why Did the Saudi Regime and Other Gulf Tyrannies Donate Millions to the Clinton Foundation?

Why Did the Saudi Regime and Other Gulf Tyrannies Donate Millions to the Clinton Foundation?

Glenn Greenwald

As the numerous and obvious ethical conflicts surrounding the Clinton Foundation receive more media scrutiny, the tactic of Clinton-loyal journalists is to highlight the charitable work done by the foundation, and then insinuate — or even outright state — that anyone raising these questions is opposed to its charity.

Oh my gosh. THAT PHOTO pretty much says everything about Hillary Clinton!

How many Bernie voters are going to vote for Hillary?

She's in good company. The Saudis also donated to the 911 hijackers.

A relevant question is what do the Saudis expect of her, should she sit on the throne?

Heaven forbid I should excuse the Clintons. Of course the entire Bush family has been in bed with the Saudis for decades including W's 8 years in the White House. The Saudis have lots of money and are everywhere. Why exclude the Clintons.

The irony here is while Democrats clutch their pearls over Trump's man-crush on Putin and supposed business ties with Russia, here is a truly disturbing case of Saudis seeking to "influence" Clinton's policy-making in the Middle East. But criticizing the Clinton Foundation is off the table? I call BS.

Once again, this is just another example of why American politics is just a farce. This is a game the ruling class may play, but why should us plebs play along too only to give either Trump or Clinton any semblance of legitimacy? The bottom line is this: the ruling class are only interested in keeping their power, and screw everyone else. At best, they toss a few crumbs out to the plebs to vaguely acknowledge they exist, usually on social issues, but not the economic issues that underpin all those social issues.

We plebs have no representation. We do not count.

How many Bernie voters are going to vote for Jill instead of Hill?

Possibly a lot. They will be an anecdote probably. But if they set off the spark of voter iniatives and referendums it could be awesome

If Bernie had not sold out to the corruption of the democratic party and instead said something like this: " to all my supporters who faithfully gave to me, I can tell you unequivocally, the democratic party is so corrupt that it is beyond redemption, so please support Dr. Jill Stein". Bernie could have been a great help to Jill's campaign.

Alternet ran an embarrassing piece the other day about "three good things that the Clinton Foundation has done". I kid you not. One of them was that they have "helped women and girls". OK. that's fine as far as it goes but I really don't think that the governments listed that the Foundation takes money from have the slightest interest in helping women and girls. Quite the opposite. They are some of the most sexist and repressive regimes in the world. A major bit of hypocrisy that really doesn't seem to bother Shillary much. Bill Clinton came out and said that they are just trying to do some good. Uh huh.
Another truth behind the shameless bullshit PR of the Clintons was their tax returns that showed that they gave nearly $13 million to charity for 2015. Sounds generous especially compared to a POS like Trump. Problem is - the great majority of that money went to a charity called --- the Clinton Foundation! In doing so Bill and Hill saved more than $4 million in taxes! This is what I hate about them. They do such a good job of making themselves look so virtuous and concerned about social issues but when you dig deeper you find that they have been lying to us and that the Foundation really is a kind of slush fund, etc. Their "assistance" in Haiti has been and continues to be a disaster but it was quite lucrative for people who have been donors to the Clinton Foundation. More details can be found in an admittedly anti-Clinton video called "Clinton Cash" on YouTube but I think that the pattern of their involvement in what Naomi Klein called "disaster capitalism" is made pretty clear. I will never vote for Shillary. She is a tool of the 1% and you can be sure that if she is the next president that she will work to slightly "amend" the TPP so that it will be passed and signed into law by her next year. You can also count on more military "interventionism" with her in power. God help all the innocent people who get in the way of our expanding "interests".

That would have been a nice gesture, but a losing strategy.

Yes, no doubt a losing strategy for Bernie, that is probably the reason Bernie sold out to the corrupt dems.

Ask Obomber,

According to an IRS guy who had a site up about it, Barry emerged out of the Kingdom with ten million dollars which Harvard University gobbled up and produced a law degree for him. Of course, all his records are sealed, so we just have to believe a guy who never tried a single case in court or had students is a lawyer and Constitutional Law professor! The firm he worked at in Chicago wouldn't let him do anything except staple papers and contracts.

So the SA Kingdom's always involved it seems in our affairs.

I don't believe Bernie sold out.