Home | About | Donate

Why Does North Korea Hate Us?

Why Does North Korea Hate Us?

Robert C. Koehler

And so we return to the Korean War, when North Korea was carpet-bombed to the edge of existence. The American media doesn’t have a memory that stretches quite so far back, at least not under present circumstances. One commentator at MSNBC recently explained, for instance, that the tiny pariah nation “has been preparing for war for 63 years.”

Checkout the linked bombshell article. Linking the ICBM North Korea is using. Coming from the Neo Nazi Kiev regime. The US decided to place in power with a Coup d"etat.

The author conveniently forgets that North Korea STARTED the war by invading the South. All the loss of life would have been avoided if the North Koreans simply didn’t invade.

If you start a war, you shouldn’t be surprised when the other side fights back. And if they are much bigger than you are, you shouldn’t be surprised that they kick the crap out of your country.

You need to read this article that was written about a book called The Hidden History of the Korean War. Then maybe you will change your tune.
http://www.globalresearch.ca/the-hidden-history-of-the-korean-war/5342685

One more thing. A person would have to be awfully naive in believing. After all the Wars the American people have been lied into over the decades. You kind of think maybe there’s more to the Korean War story then what your telling. Then blaming it all on North Korea.

It seems to me that you, WWSmith, and Mr. Koehler are discussing different aspects of the two Koreas; he is talking about the morality of carpet bombing and intervention in another country by the U.S. You are talking about a kind of ‘nana nana…who attacked first, so who gets punished.’ Korea was ruled by ‘Imperial’ Japan from 1910 until the closing days of WW II. In August of 1945 when the Soviets declared war on Imperial Japan, they ‘liberated’ Korea north of the 38th parallel in that whole, as yet undivided, country. In 1948, as a result of the cold war between USSR and US, Korea was split into 2 regions with separate governments. Neither region ever accepted the division, or the border. In 1950, when N. Korea, supported by USSR and China, moved into S. Korea, with our response as the US being to contribute the majority of troops sent in by the UN, it became a war of attrition, and the US bombed the hell out of the North (as per Mr. Koehler’s description). An armistice was declared in July 1953, so technically the two regions are still at war. Sounds a bit like Vietnam’s history, in that the meddling and huge death and destruction toll the Koreans suffered was inflicted by us, as the ‘good’ side in the Cold War.
I guess I think that if we had had inflicted on us, on our civilians and land and cities, the kind of destruction we have inflicted on other nations, maybe we wouldn’t have been so quick, nor our generals wouldn’t have felt so righteously enabled, to cross oceans to invade and destroy. Maybe we would have participated with the UN and other peacemakers, to come to a just reuniting of the two regions of Korea, back to one country, which is what the Koreans still long for. And maybe then, leaders like Kim Jong Uhn (spelling) would never have arisen, to power.

“The Making of Modern Korea” 1910-present day…Author: Adrian Buzo
For serious inquiries as to how the modern NK state emerged, the genre of it’s leadership, the Kim Sung family. This study also thoroughly analyzes SK through the same years. If the NK State is considered to be a “police state”; SK through the same years is/was burdened with autocratic and badly corrupt leadership with it’s own vagaries of a “police state”…it’s own KCIA (Korean CIA). This book examines both North and South Korea during those years.

Just read your link - thanks for that.

Convergent lines of evidence is powerful at all times in science - especially so if the data are fuzzy.

Patterns are revealed - sometimes extremely consistent patterns.

In “Breach of Trust”, Andrew Bacevich documents the ‘Smedley Butler’ complex - a number of high ranking US military men who discovered to their chagrin what Marine Smedley Butler did long before.

One would have to be equally naive in assuming that the US is always the aggressor.

I never said that, you did.

The demarcation line of the 38th parallel was decided arbitrarily at the Cairo Conference in 1943, US, Britain and Soviet Union…looking forward to what the Soviet Union would do when Nazi Germany was defeated. Soviet Union would (and did) declare war on Japan; go thru Manchuria taking the surrender of the Japanese there; proceed into Korea and stop at the 38th Parallel (which they did) and take the surrender there. The US would take the Japanese surrender south of the 38th. Both sides would then after an “appropriate” time leave which both sides did. The difference was that because of the war in Manchuria which consumed many years many Koreans living in the north participated in that mess and battled alongside the Chinese Communists against the Japanese; came home and established ideas similar to the revolt in China and proceeded to build a “Soviet style” infrastructure of government which was left behind when US and Soviet Union “vacated” Korea; the US left behind a small contingent administration group; the Soviet Union left behind an established military and government. The Kim Sung family was very involved in the Manchurian fighting (the Japanese in China) then came back to Korea after the Japanese surrender to lead the NK government.

To quote William T. Sherman - “War is hell”. When you fight a war, you use all the tools at your disposal. If you can hurt and kill the other side without losses to your own, you do so.

North Korea hates us because:

1. They didn’t win
  2. They’ve lived their lives in a dictatorship which prevents any free access to information and they’ve been fed a steady diet of "hate America’.

Thank you, @kathrynh1, for clarifying the history of Korea and adding much information that Koehler omitted in his focus on the war. But I think you’ve a bit overstated one point:

The cold war wasn’t really under way that soon. NKorea was given to the USSR by the triumphant but mostly untouched US for the same reason East Germany was broken off for their occupation. But Germany was close enough to home, and the Germans had done more direct damage to the USSR during WWII, that the Soviets saw more to gain in active occupation in the West than the East. China stepped into the basic void. Koreans north and south were aghast that their colonization by Japan had been broken only for them to become spoils of war to other “Caucasian” nations. And then a new, proxy war got rolling.

Even in the day, most Americans were oblivious to the conduct of the war in Korea. Koreans are unable to forget because the South remains occupied by the US. And now here we are, as Koehler accurately presents it, sticking our tongue out at what NK has become and daring them to give us a chance to resume bombing. Our hosts in the South weep, not least for their blood kin still living in what the US made another country, inaccessible to them. I share their terror.

That Sherman knew nothing of the kind of war that was waged 60 and 70 years ago, let alone the possibilities of today. And you appear to know almost nothing about Korea. Talk to some Koreans. It isn’t only those who’ve lived under the Kims who feel they didn’t win and that America has become as much an occupier as Japan was.

First of all I’ve never been to North Korea and I’m guessing neither has Robbert Koehler. My feeling is a majority of North Koreans don’t hate the American people in general. I think they hate the US government War policies that decimated there Country in the Korean war. Killing up to 20% of the population. And destroying more Cities and towns then the air/fire bombing of Japan and Germany.

North Korea has offered to sign a peace treaty with the United States twice. Once under Obama and once under Trump. Both times they have been rejected. Because N.K. requested the US stop it’s annual War Games off the coast of N.K… It also requested the simulated B1 Nuclear Bombing flights end. The United States refuses to do this so the peace treaty was rejected.

Can you believe it. The video you linked too is being blocked. I try it again and it worked when I clicked on the watch on youtube link. thanks

Given its history, that would be the appropriate null hypothesis, unless there is evidence against.

Peace.
ths.

Maybe AFP doesn’t like their videos embedded …
Let’s try another one of theirs with no political overtones … see what happens …
Edit: same thing!
Thanks for pointing this out …

When all else fails and you get your hand caught in the cookie jar, then blame the Russians.