Home | About | Donate

Why I Strongly Oppose U.S. Intervention in Venezuela

Why I Strongly Oppose U.S. Intervention in Venezuela

Ro Khanna

The Trump administration’s embrace of the self-proclaimed new leader of Venezuela, Juan Guaidó, reeks of the highly ambitious social engineering that has been at the cornerstone of neoconservative thinking for a century. The old gang is back at it.

1 Like

Oh America----- we are the world’s greatest Hypocrisy. WE are the nation ( I need to correct GW Bush and his use of," axis of evil, " — and the world knows that this really means __whoever America wants to attack—) Sadly this nation, America, has become , The asshole of evil, ; turning the planet into one BIG shit hole of ruined land and People : ( ENOIGH! Venezuela is a sovereign nation and mentally ill people like Trump Bolton and Pompeo cannot rule as mini dictators—or maybe mini terrorists in their peculiar minds. Please remember that WE The PEOPLE cannot a form a ,"more perfect union. " when we’re so busy bombing nations that have done nothing to harm us! BUT, if the terrorist troika must go-----please make sure, Congress, if YOU vote to go to war----that the war makers own children and relatives go to the front lines first – and take all those in Congress who vote for war to go with them.-

1 Like

Ro Khanna, you are singing my song.

Outside independent election observers stated that Venezuelan elections were conducted fairly. Opposition political parties encouraged people not to vote, since they knew that they would lose to Maduro and wanted some reason to claim that the elections were illegitimate.

The USA and its lackeys threaten Venezuela because it has the largest oil reserves in the world, not because of concern for democracy. We don’t hear anything about fraud in Brazil, since their fascist leader is closely aligned to the USA. Also, it is ironic that U.S. politicians, including the corporate (Clinton) wing of the Democratic Party, make absurd claims about supposed Russian interference in U.S. elections, but wholeheartedly and overtly support regime change in other nations.