Home | About | Donate

Why Isn’t Tucker Carlson's Hate Speech a Deal-Breaker?

Why Isn’t Tucker Carlson's Hate Speech a Deal-Breaker?

Sonali Kolhatkar

The recently revealed audio recordings of Fox News host Tucker Carlson spewing racist and misogynist rhetoric on a radio show years ago offers new evidence of the media outlet’s tilt toward hate.

“The power men possess to annoy me, I give them by a weak curiosity.”
–Ralph Waldo Emerson, Self Reliance (1841)

The subject of this article doth not warrant my annoyance.

I’m not defending Carlson – he’s been a real a-hole for years.

It’s just that in this case, he was being over the top in an attempt to be ‘funny’ on a shock-jock radio show. And FWIW, sadly, to the audience he was addressing, he was funny.

hmmm. Not so sure. From the clips I heard, he sounded serious as hell, not like he was out for shock-laughs. Like Bart O’Kavanaugh standing around the keg, Carlson meant every word.

Stop calling it hate speech, and start calling it what it is, "Terrorist Incitement."

Money is all that FOX understands. If advertisers would stop paying them to broadcast that tripe life would be good. BUT ALAS! They condone it by paying FOX to pass the lies and perpetuate the bullshit.

Boycott by consumers is the only way. Make boycotts a media event and watch how many people would not buy products from a racist supporting company. Money drives the corporate engine, cut into the money, you control the issues.

If you buy the products and services they sell then you support the lying,racial, bigotry bullshit they call news.
Want to make a difference then make a difference.

Ad hoc boycotting of goods leaves plenty of people remaining who love what Carlson represents and will continue to buy the products advertised on his show. We have legal mechanisms available that are appropriate to use save for those who control the power to use them. In particular we have the FCC and the standards of broadcasting “in the public interest”. Broadcasting hate speech is not in the public interest. But, the FCC is, and will continue to be, controlled by forces who view great gobs of money as the ONLY public interest. Until we wrest control of our government from the hands of those whose only interest is the satisfaction of massive greed we will continue to see the likes of Carlson (and Ingraham and Hannity) spewing hate and division for profit.

Gee was that his employment interview tape for Fox? Sounds like a perfect fit for the Australian reptile’s station. The sad thing is Tucker is one of their more moderate mouthpieces.
Maybe Trump will make him press secretary another perfect fit.

Isn’t going after advertisers just cutting off limbs? Why not go after cable providers to remove Faux Noise as part of the “standard” package? How many people would actually pay a separate fee for Faux?

It’s disgusting how hatred sells, and how the more they spew their hatred of all things not like their asinine selves, the more money they make.

I find Tucker’s smears of Iraqis not only disgusting but blatantly false.

I do not support him at all on this. He’s also a rabid xenophobe when it comes to immigration and spouts lots of Transphobia constantly.

I’m not saying he shouldn’t be taken off the air.

But it does seem to me that he’s the only anti-regime-change voice on FOX, in fact on all the MSM, the only host who will let people like Glenn Greenwald or Tulsi Gabbard on his show and let them talk instead of just attacking them.

So it will be a loss for the anti-war movement to have him off the TV and yet his xenophobia and Transphobia will just continue from others at FOX.

I just wonder how it came to be that when a real anti-war candidate is running for president and Tucker is the only MSM host who gives her a non-hostile platform it is when suddenly his old hate speech is discovered with the result that a lot of the people on the left in the social justice divide are up in arms and want him off the tube?

It’s just a coincidence. It can’t be anything else, right?

Colleagues Defend Tucker Carlson’s ‘Ideas'—That Iraqis Are ‘Monkeys,’ Child Rape Is ‘Commitment to Love’

I also found the DNC barring Fox from hosting a debate totally bizarre. Why would they limit Fox viewers access to Democratic candidates? Wouldn’t it be a good thing to have conservative viewers exposed to non-Hannity/Coulter/Carlson ideas? I found the move a real head-scratcher.

Speaking of Tulsi, did you see the war-mongering, corporate shill Stephen Colbert attacking Gabbard on his show? While he treated all the other candidates like best buds, he went straight into the whole beltway list of false talking points making Tulsi spend all her time defending her positions; which she did admirably by the way. No joking around, nothing approaching humor in the whole interview. He must have brought up Assad three more times even after she answered his accusation the first time. And remember Samatha Bee calling Tulsi “honey.” If Trump called Elizabeth Warren honey, Bee’s hair would have caught on fire. If people are getting their news from late night “comedians” they need to look for other sources.

“We cannot and will not allow voices like Tucker Carlson to be censored by agenda-driven intimidation efforts.”
Oops - meant to say ‘we will not allow our reign of terror to be challenged.’

At least he’s not an obese moron, just a moron, like Huckabee Sanders.