Home | About | Donate

Why Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III Is Unfit to Be Attorney General

Why Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III Is Unfit to Be Attorney General

Bill Blum

Don’t let his languid Southern drawl or physical resemblance to the kindly Keebler elves fool you. Ever.

Jefferson Beauregard Sessions III, the nation’s 84th attorney general, is neither laid back nor kind. To the contrary, he’s the most dangerous member of the Trump Cabinet. What’s more, he’s entirely unfit for the high position he holds.

This "man" is neither good/beautiful (beau) nor capable of seeing, much less vision (regard). To say that he is 'blind as a bat' would be an over-the-top compliment implying the presence of the biological radar of our winged friends so threatened by the painfully slow and mean spirited demise of this racist, hate filled monger of prejudice by fiat.

Bill, let's just go ahead and "dwell on the past." Not doing so will repeat the same mistake Obama committed when he decided to "look forward" and allow the war criminals to walk off scot-free. Sessions is a slimy little worm, and needs to be put back in the swamp from when he slithered.

Mr. Blum is certainly correct in his assessment of Sessions but when he asks us (rhetorically) what we might be waiting for...

...I would have preferred his offering us an example or road map of what we need to do to be rid of Sessions.

Yes Mr. Blum we should get rid of Sessions but the issue then becomes the how to of doing that!

How do we rid ourselves of a unsuitable attorney general or an unsuitable EPA chief? Or an unsuitable President for that matter?

It isn't like the Dems really want to.

Sure, baby gramps is unfit, but then they all are:

"The third, broadly, line of work is deconstruction of the administrative state. ... If you look at these cabinet appointees, they were selected for a reason and that is the deconstruction. The way the progressive left runs, is if they can’t get it passed, they’re just going to put in some sort of regulation in an agency. That’s all going to be deconstructed and I think that that’s why this regulatory thing is so important."

-Stephen Bannon at the 2017 CPAC conference

I think Bill Blum is correct when he says....."he's the most dangerous member of the Trump Cabinet.". Jim Crow stalwarts never went away, they just patiently waited for the Wheel of Political
Fortune to come their way again. It took decades, but as more Conservative judges got appointed
by a succession of Republican Presidents, beginning with Nixon, and as the massive amounts of
funding by the people like Coors, the brothers Koch, the DeVos clan, and others, to support Right-wing politicians and causes, and also with the American Enterprise Institute, the Heritage Foundation and their other "think tanks" doing what they were created to do, the national narrative, the national
conversation, the hundred-year old progressive consensus of what a government "of, by and for the people" should be, and what it should do (or not do), gradually weakened and began to disintegrate. The media conglomerates, led by Fox, did their part by normalizing, through misleading the public and essentially freezing out dissenting viewpoints, the "Market Forces"
solutions to any and everything!

I could go on, but it's late. The point is that, for now at least, the Class War that has been going on for 50 years or so has been largely won. Trump, as odious as he may be, is a symptom.

Outstanding comment...thank you!

Thank you, Seatower. That means a lot to me, since I have often admired your writings.