Home | About | Donate

Why Julian Assange’s Extradition Must Be Opposed at All Costs

Why Julian Assange’s Extradition Must Be Opposed at All Costs

Nozomi Hayase

On Thursday, WikiLeaks founder Julian Assange was arrested by the UK police inside the Ecuadorian embassy in London, where he was granted political asylum in 2012.

3 Likes

The powers that be want to kill Toto, because that is who they are.

2 Likes

Dear CD,

I noticed that you haven’t posted Hedges’ piece yet. Please do. It is his most important piece ever.

Peace
Po

7 Likes

They will torture him - like they did with Manning.

Golly Gee whiz “Centrists” - We loved him in the early 2000’s when he was leaking all over Bush.

5 Likes

From Caitlin Johnstone:

Peace
Po

5 Likes

As Chris Hedges said… First Assange. Then us.

3 Likes

…because sure as hell, our M$M is not going to pick up the ball

2 Likes

Hayase sez:
“When did telling the truth become a crime?”

I’ll go with 1984, although the actual starting date is debatable and may be considered somewhat fluid.

0 Likes

The goal of the state is to throw Assange in the SuperMax prison in Florence, CO for the rest of his life, as a warning to anyone else who believes in the right of the people to know the bad things governments do in our names.

3 Likes

Too many MSM so called Journalist’s may be Jealous of the likes of Assange, Greenwald, Blumenthal, Manning, Snowden, etc. , oh and by the way be controlled by State Media, NSA, CIA, etc… " Israel has a right to protect itself". Have a nice day. Wage Peace…and Justice. Prosecute War Criminals, and F the Phacist swine.Ever been banned by the state actors? Deleted? Enjoy.

2 Likes

TRUTH. . . Jjoin the people of the planet, it’s not a party, not a D or R BS Team thingy. It’s not the U.S. empire, it is us and Mother /Father Earth ( hope that was correct) , from the world empire of Humans.

1 Like

Brought to you by MGM ? Vote Hollywood. I have been told it is almost real. Who promotes it? Why?

0 Likes

It’s telling that the self-style Resistance…Democrats & Centrists…are either silent regarding Assange, like their Patron Saint Obama, condemn him.

This tells us that at the end of the day, the Democrats are quite comfortable with totalitarianism & all its trappings.

They just want to be the ones who decides who goes to the gulag is all.

3 Likes

“We Came, We Saw, He Died”. Go D and R’s. Vote Often.

0 Likes

Most politicians are not leaders, they are merely 3rd row followers. As such, they actually believe the lies of The Permanent Government and The Deep State or are comfortable supporting it for personal/affinity group gain. The usual politician hopes to merely advantage his backers by brokering a better deal, to mitigate and carve out, a higher rung on the Corporotocracy’s ladder of largesse. Most politicians, too, are quite comfortable with governing bt the golden rule; ya know, " he who has the gold makes the rules. "
Since most TEEVEE and MSM folks are in their positions by their ability to suck up ( aka kissing ass ) and to flatter the power brokers of the Corporotocracy for a mere fragment of their idea of " street cred ", we get our news from professional sychophants and cowards, pretty much. And, if they don’t start out as such, the shadow gov’t will soon enough make most of them afraid of their own shadows. They too must go along to get along with the likes of a Deep State Board of Directors, as it were.
In Julian Assange’s case, the 4th Estate of the Corporotocracy, are using the Nazis’ Nuremberg Defense. They are just following orders, as usual.
And, unlike the defendants at Nuremberg, most MSM journalists will be rewarded for their professional behavior.
Just sayin’.

3 Likes

Verses in support of Assange from a 17th century prisoner of conscience (who wrote Pilgrim’s Progress from jail):

Here come the angels, here come saints,
Here comes the Spirit of God,
To comfort us in our restraints
Under the wicked’s rod.

This gaol to us is as a hill,
From whence we plainly see
Beyond this world, and take our fill
Of things that lasting be.

We change our drossy dust for gold,
From death to life we fly;
We let go shadows, and take hold
Of immortality.

– John Bunyan, Prison Meditations

2 Likes

I don’t know about centrists, that could include an awful lot of people. I’ll comment on the hypocrisy of the right-wing. As we move into a time where we can ASSUME hypocrisy we should just refer righty’s as asses. That would automatically include the constant hypocrisy.

1 Like

I wrote a piece on her Medium site and I think it’s free. A great speech for a really great cause and citizen of Australia. Let him return to Australia, now.

1 Like

I view Earth(Gaia) as Mother. Sun(Sol) is father. He supplies light that allows plants to produce sugars we all need to live. Earth produces the soil from which plants grow. It’s all connected anyway you look at it.

2 Likes

Nozomi Hayase’s, WikiLeaks: The Global Fourth Estate, History is Happening ;
is a great work for insight on why the “Pig has lost its lipstick”
(a statement by Jonathan Cook describing the corporate state’s totalitarianism).

1 Like