Home | About | Donate

Why McDonald's Announcment on Chicken Is Important for Everyone's Health

Why McDonald's Announcment on Chicken Is Important for Everyone's Health

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Chicken McNuggets might not be part of your diet, but a new announcement from McDonald's could have an impact on your health.

According to a statement issued Wednesday, the roughly 14,000 farms that supply chicken to U.S. locations of the fast food restaurant have a two-year window to stop the use of antibiotics that are important to human health. Chickens treated with a type of antibiotic not used on humans, ionophores, will continue to be allowed.

The is no reason for Mcdonalds to give a "two year window" to stop using antibiotics in chickens that are important to human health. The FDA is basically useless being owned and controlled by the food industry.

A nothingburger, with a side of lies?

McDonalds and health in the same sentence just does not work for me.

If the people who ell this stuff were compelled to eat this stuff on a daily basis, needed reform might just happen a lot quicker.

Sadly some friends of mine ended up Chicken McNuggets. They attended what they thought was a PETA local chapter meeting advertised on Craigslist but it turned out to be a poultry heist. I curse the golden arches.

Cluck cluck cluck!

My headline: strong text

WHY MCDONALDS ANNOUNCMENT ON CHICKEN IS A LIE.

This seems like a step in the right direction for which McDonald's deserves credit.

Nonetheless, this type of policy should not be left to companies but should be a matter of law.

The use of antibiotics on food animals for growth promotion and/or disease prevention is a dangerous practice which puts all of our health and lives at risk.

The United States should follow Europe's lead and completely ban agricultural antibiotic use for anything other than actual disease treatment.