Home | About | Donate

'Why Me, Specifically?' Says Asian-American Reporter After Trump Tells Her to 'Ask China' About Testing

Seriously ??? If you can’t see the obvious staring you in the face, you’ll never see it at all. The guys got Alzheimers.

Some people call that life experience that might be different from yours. Just as some might see this press briefing as negative, others might see it as tense but meaningful.

Yes there is. Biden put out a very racist anti-China commercial. He’s trying to out-do Trump on his. Prove that he can be a just-as-authentic xenophobic “real” American.

youtu.be/PmieUrXwKCc

1 Like

Sorry CD, but I have to disagree with your claim of racism in this case. Everyone knows that Trump blames China- EVERYBODY. So when a journalist- ANY journalist asks the type of question he was asked, they should expect the type of answer he gave. For the journalist who asked the question to then suggest that he answered her the way he did just because of her Chinese heritage is manipulative journalism. His response was appropriate: He would ask not just her, but any journalist “Why don’t you ask China?” It’s exactly this type of claim of ‘racism’ that gives progressives a bad name. Of course Trump is racist. But this example is not, in itself, a clear reflection of racism.

Now- as to Trump immediately pointing to another journalist, and then shutting her down before she can get two words out of her mouth? And then claiming she didn’t answer him promptly enough!!! That’s not racism. It’s a blatant and disgusting power play.

2 Likes

Re: thank you note from Biden.
I was just thinking that Biden has done similar things in press conferences, not much better in the public.

1 Like

Yes, he has. And he released this awful commercial too:

youtu.be/PmieUrXwKCc

I posted on another article. From sott dot net and originally mercola dot com, the nitty gritty on how closing Ft. Detrick led to the US doing that lab work over in Wuhan, with Fauci involved the whole time. Sorry, have much trouble posting the site.
ttps://articles dot mercola dot com
2020/05/10/
Is there a vaccine for coronavirus

1 Like

Hi itchyvet,

Thanks for the kind words for my words, except webwalk here gets credit for the wonderful abstract noun “assholery” – a condition embracing so much! A nation arrested in the iron grip of assholery. I like any excuse for using that one in a sentence (or even a sentence fragment!)

The end.

4 Likes

I’m tired of the fake outrage about Trump from the media. They love the guy. $$$ they make and they know it. If they were serious they could do two things, either:

1. Ask tough questions instead of being stenographers.
  2. Don’t cover him.

They’ll do neither.

4 Likes

This issue wasn’t even such a big gaffe in my opinion. He is really hyped to find a way to diss China anytime COVID or trade comes up.
A Trump issue is a real issue when we find a way to address it by reversing it.

Mercola is a completely discredited person. I refuse to even call him a doctor. A nutter Is the kindest description I can come up with. .

1 Like

The time has come for all the non-toady media (there might not be much) covering these campaign rallies to only send women (preferably minority) to these news conferences

2 Likes

“Strange reason” is a pushy oxymoron, of course. (What a coincidence: We also have one of those in the driver’s seat!) At any rate, for some strange reason, His Pestilency invariably reserves the word “nasty” for human units of the female persuasion. Parasitic sociopaths, such as His Pestilency, use microscopic jolts of aggression like this to substitute for erotic pleasure.

2 Likes

He’s trying to, but with cheeseburgers in lieu of a ceremonial sword.

Both will cut social security and medicare if they can get away with it. I believe Biden would happily sign a Republican written bill. He says this is no longer the case but in the past he has been a proponent of cuts to social security and medicare.

Talk about a Hobson’s Choice.

2 Likes

To bad the system will only allow me to award one heart… well put!!

1 Like

BarnOwl - The comments are turned off on that ad. Any wonder why?! LOL!

Your comment implies that the reporter asked a question to which “why don’t you ask China” was an appropriate response. Her question had nothing to do with China. She asked him why he thinks that the number of tests the US does is some competitive endeavor. For him to veer from the actual question to tell her to ask China is fairly obvious. He is saying, in answer to her question, she should ask China why Trump thinks the number of daily tests is a competition? That makes no sense. But, if you think Trump’s track record justifies giving him the benefit of doubt, so be it. Both parties are engaged in a strategy of China-bashing that has resulted in a spike in racist attacks and harassment of Asian Americans across the US and predictably, barely anyone gives a shit.

1 Like

Jiang asked if a focus on which country was doing more testing was inappropriate at a time when thousands of Americans are dying of the disease. Jiang is the one who brought up the issue of viewing countries as a testing competition match. It’s a reasonable question, since Trump has repeatedly said the US has done a better job than China. So, I would disagree with your claim that her question had nothing to do with China.

2 Likes

merf: I agree with you. Nonetheless, BARDA (the biological cousin of DARPA) has worked with the Wuhan lab since the 1980s. This does NOT provide any evidence that the closing of Fort Detrick resulted in the move to continue its corona virus program to Wuhan. All it says is that there have been past collaborative efforts. The reason I bring this up is that BARDA and the CDC have been caught with their pants down before. Specifically, in relation to the post-9/11 anthrax outbreak. Similarly, WHO has been caught in lies; such as in its repeated denial that an anti-pregnancy hormone had been slipped into a tetanus vaccine that was administered to only Kenyan women ages 18-48 in 2006. When entities have a history of lying, then it is entirely reasonable to question their truthfulness. The most blatant example is the CIA. Why is the world would anyone believe anything this agency’s directors say when the agency brags about its record of lies- as Pompeo did in his West Point address. Why would anyone believe anything Mueller said, after his lies about the FBI’s lack of knowledge of an impending 9/11 type of attack. Why would anyone believe what almost every person of power has said, when such persons have a clear track record of lying. The conspiracy theories surrounding cv19 are crazy as batshit. Nonetheless, they are entirely reasonable, given the pathology of lying that has infected our government for many, many decades, and has amplified to insulting levels as demonstrated most clearly by Trump.

2 Likes