Home | About | Donate

Why the World Is Watching the Fate of an Iranian Tanker in the Mediterranean

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2019/08/20/why-world-watching-fate-iranian-tanker-mediterranean

From the article:

“The British, it is clear, seized the Iranian tanker at the urging of the United States.”

Tony? Tony Blair, is that you? I thought you’d long ago been kicked to the curb as the rent boy for Empire that you are.

1 Like

Iran, like N.Korea not only should have the right, but they need such a program considering the untamed world around them. Would we attack a nuclear Iran? No.
Well that says a lot.

3 Likes

I’m glad Gibraltar stood up to US bullying, maybe it will set an example for bigger nations that have been caving. Appeasement of the Trump regime will not work for Europe or anywhere else.

4 Likes

Hi barry,
and I am glad too. I am tired of Trump and others acting as though America is the ruler of the world. Our own country’s needs are ignored by many politicians and I am glad that Iran is standing up for its rights, and too that other nations are backing them.
1945—the war ended and America had a Marshall plan to help rebuild-----so all that good will------------gone, gone, and gone. America is a pariah nation—and its time that other nations took a stand for their own rights.

4 Likes

The United States is the greatest purveyor of violence in the world today. Political imbeciles like Bolton and Pompeo would relish a war between the U.S. and the rest of the world simply because U.S. military contractors would make a killing (both figuratively and metaphorically).
If the corporate Democrats prevent Bernie from being the Democratic candidate in 2020, then I’m afraid that we will have passed the point of no return.

1 Like