Home | About | Donate

Why Title II Reclassification for Net Neutrality Is the Biggest Deal Ever

Why Title II Reclassification for Net Neutrality Is the Biggest Deal Ever

CD editor's note: On Wednesday, subsequent to the publication of the piece that follows, FCC Chairman Tom Wheeler made headlines by announcing officially, via this op-ed on Wired.com, that he will officially propose "the FCC use its Title II authority to implement and enforce open internet protections."

(First - Kudos to the CD teams on the comments tune-up. The orienteering outing is worth it!)

FCC - YES - Just Do Title II
I'm bracing for the legitimate status of municipal services making a comeback. We now have solid experience with the vagaries of the monopolies and how they institutionalize repression.

First attempt at posting - Am I always replying to the first poster?
Unclear

I agree - it is cumbersome and unfamiliar, but like life and community I take it as a work in progress. Notable is the reestablishment of comment function with hyperlinks, picture upload etc. I presume that the additional steps reflect forms of cyber security - especially for the website capacity to deal with spam on what can only be a tight budget. It ain't perfect, but both you and I are engaging a platform for interlocution.