Home | About | Donate

Why Was US Attorney Preet Bharara Fired? Dem Senators Seek Answers

Why Was US Attorney Preet Bharara Fired? Dem Senators Seek Answers

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Three Democratic senators have written to Attorney General Jeff Sessions demanding to know the circumstances surrounding the firing of U.S. Attorney Preet Bharara, noting that he was reportedly investigating one member of President Donald Trump's cabinet—and potentially the president himself—when he was dismissed earlier this month.

Sens. Elizabeth Warren (Mass.), Jeff Merkley (Ore.), and Richard Blumenthal (N.J.) signed the letter sent Tuesday, asking bluntly: "Why was Mr. Bharara fired?"

it is disappointing that Rachel does not connect any dots in her narrative.
Rachel Maddow often lays out things that few other big news outlets do. But somehow seems cosmetic in the presentation. I think she does some good work, but it is Comcast that writes her paycheck, which is a substantial one.

Our democracy has been co-opted by the fourth estate.
They are the reason that we have Trump.

The collusion that is ongoing in highest echelons of power is what the constitution was written to prevent.
The planet is officially under the thumb of the same forces that went to the guillotine in the french revolution, despite the good intentions of the new hope that was created by the entity while trying to get Indian Spices .

The sadistic nature of the human culture has returned to shadow hope.

Rachel gets a Paycheck from MSNBC, which is owned by...

Therefore don't expect...

As observed elsewhere, why is Beauregard still in office after perjuring himself in the confirmation hearing? That's at least as important as why Bharara was fired, imo.

Not a zero-sum game. For now, he's the one in charge of Bharara's position.

I think it's very obvious why he was fired...but at least he'll qualify for unemployment compensation by being fired instead of resigning.

"The sadistic nature of the human culture has returned to shadow hope"

I would say that this statement only applies to some humans...who tend to be Republicans in our own nation. Compassion seems not be part of all human beings.

Why was Bharara fired? Not rocket science, just like why the Moreland Commission was "fired" -disbanded by the Dem fraud and arrogant creep, Andy Cuomo, one of the best politicians money can buy - to protect client crony's and corruption!

The trump regime is all about profits at any expense including the Wall Street/banker parasites and they must be protected (including the trump family) at all costs - Bharara was fired because he was a threat to political (and other) corruption, usury, exploitation, and greed!

Good point, Chapdrum, no need for anyone to blunt it.

Preet Bharara: The Man Who Knows Too Much and has the will, integrity, and legal mind to bring those committing heinous crimes against our nation and the world to justice, which makes him very dangerous in the minds of Keebler and DJT, his puppet master (among several others in their dark corners).

Bannon & Manafort I've heard of, but who is Keebler?   Enlighten us, please.

Jeff Sessions cuz he looks like the one in the cookie ad but far more
malevolent. ..

Bannon & Manafort I've heard of, but who is Keebler? Enlighten us,
please.

Visit Topic or reply to this email to respond.

And Thank You
For continuing to enjoy our community. We do not accept any corporate
underwriting, advertising, or government support. Please consider leaving a
tip for CommonDreams

Ah, So – A real Cookie Monster!   (Or Kooky Monster?)     Thanks!

BTW, Wasn't Kushner's daddy put away several years ago by Chris Christie?   "Like Father, Like Son" isn't confined to just the Drümpfs!