Home | About | Donate

Why We Need to Confront the Billionaires’ Paradise

Why We Need to Confront the Billionaires’ Paradise

Richard Eskow

When Bill Gates, Jeff Bezos, and Warren Buffett – own more wealth than half of our entire population, we need to do more to understand  – and confront – the super-concentration of resources.

"The explosive growth of billionaire wealth, at a time when the middle class is dying and millions of Americans are struggling, has implications for democracy as well as the economy."

The myth that some people are worth orders of magnitude more than others is repugnant and is and has been a plague on humanity. “Do you hear the people sing?” should be sung on every corner of Wall Street, the City of London, etc.

“Tax the rich, feed the poor
Till there are no rich no more…”
–Alvin Lee, “I’d Love to Change the World”

I just don’t understand how electing Democrats, who don’t even try to hide how beholden they are to the same billionaire class as the Republicans, is the answer.

The sort of citizen power that Eskow always looks to must come from going around the two-party farce.

I agree, but there are some who live off of the government and have not worked at all! But still the idea that someone is worth more is pretty disgustiing.

As Chomsky has said over the course of many years- it is the system or should we say non system. I like the statement about farce.

I remember that - liked that song.

A Maximum Wage:

“but there are some who have lived off the government and have not worked at all” : to whom are you referring? The people who are on welfare? I do not think they have stolen billions of dollars as have the corporate and private welfare thieves. What “work” is so special that the compensation is so obscenely huge that it must be hidden off shore so as not to have to pay their fair share of taxes which would ultimately benefit all, not just the special interests of these “special” elitists. These moneyed predators need to be exposed just as those who are now being called out for their sexual abuse of others.

Taking down the 1% begins here:
http://www.energon.org.uk

I understand, but Obama and Holder did nothing to prosecute Wall Street that took down the global economy.