Home | About | Donate

Why We Need to Know What Trump Says Behind Closed Doors

Why We Need to Know What Trump Says Behind Closed Doors

Richard Eskow

When I’m not writing for OurFuture, I host a weekly news and opinion program on syndicated radio and cable TV called The Zero Hour. My team there recently faced a major challenge when we received a secret recording of Donald Trump’s remarks to a closed-door, $35,000-a-head fundraiser.

It's difficult to listen to our idiot-in-chief drone on for more than a few minutes. I just imagine the worst and know I'm probably correct.

The back story is the story, often times. Context and summary on foreign matters would enlighten and inform the larger public, as well. A full throated discussion and real substance on two or three issues, with some historical background, would help. We can't continue to do three minutes of junk news. Which come off as news advertorials for the status quo; the official line of pat answers, etc.
The old News Hour on PBS could function as a model. Without all the genuflecting to The PTB.
Democracy Now has some 30-40 minute long format programming which are very good. Other organizations do too, as well. Only the MSM are the laggards here, with their obnoxious and repetitive commercials. That's really what journalists are really getting the viewing public to think about; the never ending propaganda of TV Corp.Crap.
Many of my friends refuse to watch even local news programs, they're absolutely sick of ads.

More tapes of this moron in chief need to come out to show what he really is like when he is not on camera spouting endless drivell, and lies, and insults, and elementary school level, (at best) coversations when being interviewed, but then he does just get asked softball slow pitch questions that are about as hard hitting as a marshmallow, and everyone, I'll say it again..everyone has given him a pass on his B.S. and on the rare ocassion he may get called on some small error, he will lie again and move on to another lie, and never gets called in person a liar, its like everyone is afraid of the guy, it is trully remarkable and scary that this con artist, because that is all he is , has been and ever will be, has bullied and lied his way into the top job in the country, And Paul Ryan...it is a wonder he can stand up not having a spine and all, must have a tough time looking in the mirror in the morning, having to spend another day eating trump turds, pretending its an Oh Henry..

Does DJT tell the truth behind closed doors? Does he miraculously become intelligent, articulate and well informed behind closed doors? Why else would anyone care?

FREE AMERICA

DIRECT DEMOCRACY

“The liberty of a democracy is not safe if the people tolerate the growth of private power to a point where it comes stronger than their democratic state itself. That, in its essence, is fascism — ownership of government by an individual, by a group, or any controlling private power.” -- Franklin D. Roosevelt

"Of all the enemies of true liberty, war is, perhaps, the most to be dreaded, because it comprises and develops the germ of every other. War is the parent of armies; from these proceed debts and taxes; and armies, and debts, and taxes are the known instruments for bringing the many under the domination of the few. In war, too, the discretionary power of the Executive is extended; its influence in dealing out offices, honors and emoluments is multiplied; and all the means of seducing the minds, are added to those of subduing the force, of the people. The same malignant aspect in republicanism may be traced in the inequality of fortunes, and the opportunities of fraud, growing out of a state of war, and in the degeneracy of manner and of morals, engendered in both. No nation can preserve its freedom in the midst of continual warfare.

War is in fact the true nurse of executive aggrandizement. In war, a physical force is to be created; and it is the executive will, which is to direct it. In war, the public treasuries are to be unlocked; and it is the executive hand which is to dispense them. In war, the honors and emoluments of office are to be multiplied; and it is the executive patronage under which they are to be enjoyed; and it is the executive brow they are to encircle. The strongest passions and most dangerous weaknesses of the human breast; ambition, avarice, vanity, the honorable or venal love of fame, are all in conspiracy against the desire and duty of peace". -- James Madison

Same reason we needed the light shined on Hil's.

Same reason she stonewalled.

Great quotes, Emphyrio, disheartening that these lessons need to constantly be re-learned.