Home | About | Donate

Why You Couldn’t Find Big Media Coverage of Haaland and Davids

Why You Couldn’t Find Big Media Coverage of Haaland and Davids

Jenni Monet

I got the call around the time I was scrolling my Twitter feed, wiping my eyes dry over the immense promise I felt watching U.S. Rep. Deb Haaland (D-N.M.) and U.S. Rep. Sharice Davids (D-Kan.) share that heartfelt hug on the House floor yesterday. It was a cable news producer from a network that will remain anonymous, and he was calling to book a panel. He’d heard I knew a few things about Native Americans and its geopolitical frame of reference — except, that’s not what he wanted to talk to me about.

Well written article.

I hope I’m wrong, but I don;t see a generalized awakening until the white eyes have become an equal, or minority race.

HI Gandolf: I think more and more white people are realizing—that as far as politics go, and in the lack of respect for the People from so much of media and government, I see indigenous people as the ones who will be helping more people in surviving climate change.

I believe they have been there all along. We just had to ask them to share their wisdom. But no, the fossil fuel industry and those affiliated with them have had THEIR way instead.
Pollution sucks.

Well, the American Native’s philosophy of take what you need and leave the rest is in opposition to capitalism. Not very popular.

No discussion of their political positions?

Yes, native American issues are not in the media, but how do I know what these two people stand for? Afro-America was taken in by Obama, too.