Home | About | Donate

Will Biden Remain Tone Deaf to Palestinian Rights?

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/06/23/will-biden-remain-tone-deaf-palestinian-rights

1 Like

Just research the USS Liberty incident from 1967 and you will find that the US is the doormat for Israel and that the latter has dogshit on its shoes.

8 Likes

Yes.

Joe Biden keeps trying to out-warmonger Donald Trump, and by Joe Biden I of course mean the team of handlers who are animating the dementia-ravaged corpse of the Biden campaign like a ventriloquist operating a wooden dummy. (at Consortium News)

We are doomed to this absurdity of the stupid.

8 Likes

Yes.

5 Likes

I like the responses, but it’s almost like: “Why ask that question?”

I do admire her work.

3 Likes

He has to. Otherwise he may anger his bosses.

3 Likes

Is the pope Catholic. ?

1 Like

RIGHT ON, Medea and Ariel! The United States must pressure Israel into respecting the human rights of the Palestinian people, and the best way to do that is via the popular international campaign to BOYCOTT, DIVEST AND SANCTION ISRAEL!–Mike Levinson, NYC Local Chapter of the WAR RESISTERS LEAGUE.

3 Likes

Tragically but very predictably Biden and his handlers will remain deaf to every important issues to serve the status quo and profits above all else - including moral compass and the Common Good - The best and brightest brought to you from the entrenched DINO shill party corporation! That faux party and its operatives are a fuckin joke; a wall we must smash to build a Progressive People’s Party - serious work to be done after trump & co are removed from power…

4 Likes

I am sure the headline is met as a rhetorical question.

1 Like

Biden is a middle of the road corporate Democrat without a progressive bone in his body.
He loves Israel, and won’t lift a finger (see below) to oppose their brutal racist ( and by the way, ironically, antisemitic) suppression and murder of the Palestinian people.

In 2012, Biden said Netanyahu has been his friend for more than 30 years. “Bibi, I don’t agree with a damn thing you say, but I love you,” Biden said at the time. Which says it all.

quote… jewish virtual library . org

3 Likes

I don’t think that he is “tone deaf,” but rather “opposed to acknowledging.”

1 Like

Just another deluded politician that thinks you can use violence to solve violence .

1 Like

Biden has always been a tool of the MIC and to expect otherwise is simply naive. His support for the evil Israeli apartheid State shows that Biden will never abandon his racist views (remember the 1994 crime bill that resulted in the additional incarceration fo over 4,000,000 African Americans since then?). Like Trump, Biden has a deep hatred for people of color and especially the poor. Unfortunately though MSM propaganda still manages to sway the financially secure to vote for one of the two corporate Party’s each and every time. The problem is that the financially secure is always able to convince enough of the struggling 70% of Americans to go along with the political abuse of the working poor.
This November we will be stuck yet again with two incredibly unqualified men running for President. This is something that the public cannot do anything about in such a short time. The Sander’s movement tried to infiltrate the deep corporate control of the Party but were unsuccessful. Now we must all throw our attention to Congress and the Senate. If we fail to act, one of these two imbeciles will start new wars, support more coups to overthrow democratically elected leaders, pretend that global warming is a hoax and continue the oppression of minorities in America.

1 Like

Hi SeeGreen:
And if Corporate Joe wins—we can all be expected to be treated as badly as the Palestinians. $38 billion is probably not enough for Israel, and so We the People will see more cuts in every part of our lives. : (

A country that was founded on the act of (often violent) removal of land and its’ occupants from the Native population cannot be counted on to do anything except cooperate with another country, founded on essentially the same acts and principals.

as long as he and the rest of the Democrats are taking money from Israeli sources, the party and it’s nominee will remain tone deaf and essentially silent in the face of the Israeli genocide of Palestinians-even voting to increase the military support for that genocide whenever they have been given the chance