Home | About | Donate

'Will Democrats Fail Dreamers Again?' Protests Erupt in Senate After Schumer Touts Deal With GOP

Total non cooperation will certainly fuck these donors.

Amazing! Nancy Pelosi spoke on the House floor for 8 hours against any deal that would ignore the Dreamers. That’s a new record for longest speech on the House floor breaking the old record set in 1909 by almost 3 hours. Kudos to Pelosi for standing up for the Dreamers. Maybe she can block this deal that Schumer agreed to. At least she is going all out trying.

“The heroes will be those who stand up for what is right and keep their commitments to Dreamers by demanding a vote on the DREAM Act as part of the budget deal”

Pelosi is truly a hero today.

Chuck, the poster boy of Corporate State Democrats.

Chuck him.

She should have texted Chuck.

Sorry dreamers. Maybe next time you’ll be Jewish instead of Hispanic. That’s the only way Schumer will give two shits for you.

No matter what Democrats do, they don’t set the agenda in Washington, Republicans do. Immigration activists need to help wrench a house of Congress from Republicans if they want to change that. Shutting down the government for dreamers isn’t going to change that–not enough Americans care, and many that do do not want to shut the government down over it. The Green Party would face the exact same dynamic if it was in the congressional minority.

The oligarchs set the agenda. The politicians–both parties–enact it.

A cynical person might suggest that Nancy’s job was to blow a lot of hot air out there so the Dems could argue, after failing the Dreamers, that they “tried.” Her speech will be good for campaign donations and posturing–it did nothing for the Dreamers.

I’m right there with you. I have serious doubts that Dems will come through for the Dreamers by pressing on a vote. We’ll see how it plays out, but you are probably right about Pelosi’s theater. Hope two claps can be turned into applause, but not holding my breath.

Sixteen likes! We agree that Schumer is rotten. Just like Pelosi, Feinstein, McCaskill and others.

The Democratic Party voters want an opposition party, one that supports organized labor and a reasonable immigration policy. We don’t want Republican-lite candidates or office holders.

According to Schumer the New Dems don’t believe in supporting blue collar workers.

“For every blue-collar Democrat we lose in western Pennsylvania, we will pick up two moderate Republicans in the suburbs in Philadelphia, and you can repeat that in Ohio and Illinois and Wisconsin.”—Schumer

Wait and see. The Democrats will run a Schumer, a Klobuchar, or even Clinton again in 2020 and there. is. nothing. we. can. do. about. it.

I don’t think any American citizen recognizes how Schumer thinks. From where he sits, he believes, truly believes he got all he could out of McConnell. Who knows? Schumer is in the MINORITY Party. He has little to hold over McConnell. One thing is for sure, if the Dreamers are deported, the PEOPLE will not know which way to turn come election time. They will be damned if they do, damned if they don’t. To allow Republicans to win ANY elections after the way they have treated ALL Citizens and these Dreamers, would be a truly disgusting, seriously sick and dangerous outcome. To support the Democrats, people feel they NEED a REASON. The Democrats are caught between a horrible boulder that is crushing their power already, and another boulder, threatening to come crashing at their backs, if they don’t stand firmly FOR SOMETHING right now, proving they have a spine! What will they decide? Most of the older ones don’t seem to want to let go of their power, thinking that is all they’ve got left, their SEAT in Congress. But they are wrong. Their Power is their ETHICS or their LACK of it. Which will they choose? Frankly, at this point in this very sick Administration’s Game, NOTHING MATTERS MORE THAN ETHICS!

I think there’s going to be a good fight for the nomination and a domestically progressive candidate will have great shot at it. People here tend to overestimate the power of the DNC in determining the nominee. (note: I don’t think a peace candidate has much of a chance as there is a much bigger alignment of power against a politician who is progressive on international affairs).

Well, I’m liking what Rep. Luis Gutierrez (D-Ill.) has been saying lately. We need someone with fire in their belly, someone with some cojones. I’m beyond tired of the mealy-mouthed milquetoasts the Democrats always put forward. If the Dems want my vote back from the Greens, they will have to EARN it.

I know Gutierrez is retiring from Congress. Has he said that he is interested in the Presidency?

EdsNote - I think you got that one right. Pelosi is a bunch of hot air. Her speech did nothing for the Dreamers, or any other ordinary person. She’s a corporate shill, as are the rest of them.

They will have wished they had resisted with all their being when all the immigrants are hunted down, we are next. This is about normalizing Authoritarianism for all of us. The Democrats are to weak to stop the momentum. This the start of end stage Neoliberalusm. That is disappearings, detentions and death squads.

Lame. The Democrats didn’t just pass a massive tax subsidy for the lives of the privileged. Had Democrats held a house of Congress, that bill would’ve gone nowhere. Stuck in the 90s progressivism is so funny!

THer arguments were ineffective. She should have said that the Dreamers look like us. That the scapegoating is leading to hunting human beings on our soil. Sussing the sheep from the goats is an ancient tactic used by Authoritarianism regimes throughout history. Enjoy your free night In jail. Show me your papers.

“Will Democrats Fail Dreamers Again?”

YES! And again and again and again and AGAIN!

Doing the same thing over and over, expecting different results is INSANE! The Democrat Party has shown their true corporate whore colors over and over again. Why bother asking the same question when the answer will always be, “Yes, the Democrats will screw We the People over EVERY SINGLE TIME!”