I wrote the essay below just before the shrub put his hand on the bible and lied the first time. I sent it around to many folks and said to hang on to it for a while, then bring it up and read it again.
- Boy did I get blasted! “This is a democracy! That might happen in Nazi Germany or the USSR, but not here. You are completely over the wall!”
January 5, 2001 prediction
* Well, it seems the President-appointee has selected his cabinet to guide us through the next four years. As expected, he has filled most of the posts with the most reactionary right wingers he could find. The Secretary of labor is anti-labor and anti-Social Security, the Attorney General probably thinks Hitler was a liberal. We have retreads from the Reagan/Bush administrations, corporate CEO’s, in short, a cadre of people dedicated to ensuring that the rich get richer, the poor get poorer and the middle class supports it all until it is taxed into poverty, too. The environment will be raped and despoiled for every last dollar that can be squeezed out of it. The International Cartels and the WTO will have yet more of the poor and the displaced to exploit, at home and abroad. Protests of this wanton destruction will fall on the ears of a bought Supreme Court which has already proved that it is acutely conscious of who put them in their lifetime situations.
* Our Constitution will be more narrowly interpreted by this court and the civil rights gained at so much pain, suffering and sacrifice will gradually be eroded or disallowed. We will become a nation of dispossessed, poverty stricken, hungry and illiterate people standing in lines for jobs or food, fighting for crusts and watching the limousines drive by.
* If he can accomplish this, the President-appointee will no doubt get a pat on the head from his daddy for accomplishing what daddy only made a start at.
* As it was under Nixon, Reagan and Bush the First, our children will once again have their role models in high places to teach them that greed, venality, vengeance and the bottom line are the only things worthwhile and that caring, compassion, love and conservation of resources are just weaknesses to be exploited if there is power or profit to be gained.
* What is needed today are statesmen, but who would risk assassination or being dragged through the muck of character assassination by what passes for leaders today. Mussolini’s Black Shirts made thinkers, intellectuals, idealists, teachers and opposition politicians drink a quart of Castor oil and stand in the street until they soiled themselves, to the amusement of the fascists. It is rarely remembered that this humiliation was also the administration of an often fatal dose of a slow acting poison.
* Will we and our cherished Constitution manage to survive this increasingly blatant takeover? Can we live through another “Corporate State?”
* And then, of course, there is war and all the corporate profits that accrue to that, not to mention the curtailment of personal liberties in the name of “National Security” that goes with it.
- Well, like Cassandra, I spoke and nobody listened. I’ve been harping, warning, and suggesting ways to head this off ever since, but here I am, at 79, facing my declining years in the
US Fourth Reich.
We the People of the United States and the World are going to have to take our nation back, reestablish the Constitutional Republic that served us so well for over two centuries, then build some safeguards into the document that will prevent this happening again.
- Our Founding Fathers and a number of Presidents have warned that this would happen if we were not eternally vigilant. If we did not see that the banks could not buy enough influence to control the nation. However, we are apparently too involved in Reality TV, the Big Game, and talking and playing games on our I-Phones to worry much about it, and sure enough, here we are and it will be up to us to figure out how to turn it around.
- One thing I have suggested many times and will do it again, is that a relatively peaceful way to accomplish this would be to BDS all of these stocks and companies dedicated to war and environmental rape. Most of the billionaire Senators and Congresspeople are heavily invested in the stocks of their corporate Masters. If we would boycott all of the output of these corporations, and remember, these corporations that make billions by building bombs, guns and aircraft also have breakfast foods, fruit juices, candy, toys, etc. that they also profit from. Cutting into that miscellaneous mass of profit would bring them to the table, as nothing causes anxiety in a trillionaire more than losing a dime.
BDS works. Look at Israel, screaming like a stuck pig and trying to get their client states, like the
US Fourth Reich and Great Britain to pass laws making it illegal for companies and universities to divest from Israeli stocks and businesses and also to make it illegal to criticize Israel! Some of those unconstitutional laws are already working their way through various state governments and even the federal government. It is up to us to stop it. With the current illegal and unconstitutional government we have in charge today, we are on the cusp of losing our Constitutional Republic beyond recall, but the current resistance, if it grows and uses its ingenuity, may succeed.