Home | About | Donate

Will the Coronavirus Change the World?

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/04/26/will-coronavirus-change-world

3 Likes

Another superb article, and a fine approach toward the possibility of genuine democracy, equitable distribution of wealth, and a survivable future.

A real challenge to give serious consideration to how “We the People” might navigate and gain control of this crisis, instead of submitting to the utterly and blatantly failed mis-leadership of both the neoliberal looters and the authoritarian populists.

I don’t know if COVID 19 will change the world, but I do know that it has changed the way my local community functions and behaves. We have all pulled together in so many ways to face this disaster and help each other. It gives me hope for a better future. The divisions that would normally separate us seem to have fallen away while we look for a better future for all of us. I don’t know about the big cities or the nation as a whole, but I am very hopeful that smaller communities and neighbors will come out on the other side of this calamity stronger and more collaborative for the betterment of all.