Home | About | Donate

Will Trump Use NAFTA To Institutionalize The Wholesale Delay And Repeal Of Public Protections?

Will Trump Use NAFTA To Institutionalize The Wholesale Delay And Repeal Of Public Protections?

Sharon Anglin Treat

If the Trump administration can be said to stand for anything, it would be a concerted effort to delay and repeal regulatory protections.

Holy crap, Doctor Science!

The absence of ANY comments on this important article a day after it was posted, combined with an article on dubious statistical “research” claiming the obvious (that Fox so-called News does indeed affect the way people vote, which it MAY actually do), with zero of 36 comments challenging the the conclusions reached by the journalist about the claims made by the researchers, I am beginning to incline toward neither reading comments nor making comments myself.

I comment primarily when an article or comment makes claims that I know to be dubious if not demonstrably false. I may be wasting my time.

The modern corrupted code of trade talks, thoroughly undemocratic and authoritarian, using a constructed, manipulative, unaccountably distorted language of profit and deception rather than a language befitting a rational humanity -“regulatory cooperation aims to align [impose] standards between countries so that they are as similar as possible [made undemocratic and authoritarian], increasing [imposing] trading [dominating] opportunities and reducing business costs [while increasing taxpayer costs].” [my brackets]
Given - this ‘cooperation’ is an act of aggression against democracy. Fascism and neoliberalism meld into the toxic goo that makes everything better !?!?
Lies become truth and more shit is beautiful and necessary?
Sociopaths rule.