Home | About | Donate

William Barr Is a Complete Tool. It's Time for Robert Mueller to Testify

William Barr Is a Complete Tool. It's Time for Robert Mueller to Testify

Charles P. Pierce

The day after five burglars in the employ of a presidential re-election campaign were caught in the headquarters of the Democratic National Committee, a former cop named Tony Ulascewicz was called to a meeting on a park bench not far from the White House. Waiting for him were White House counsel John Dean and Herbert Kalmbach, the president's personal lawyer. The two lawyers wanted Ulascewicz to be the courier—"bagman," if you prefer, and I do—who would deliver tens of thousands of dollars worth of hush money, all in cash, to the families of the burglars.

2 more years wasted on political theater.

2 Likes

Good luck! Our government is a joke.

1 Like

Ask yourselves this, if the democrats were serious about ending the national nightmare that is the Trump administration, then why wasn’t Mueller called to testify the day after his report was handed to Barr? Why weren’t every one of his investigative staff waiting in line in the hallway?
Most of the democratic faithful have now convinced themselves that there must some sort of long game going on. That Nancy and Chuck and Adler and Schiff have some sort of plan and that they are merely playing rope a dope.
I’ve got news for ya, there ain’t no plan. They will join in a long list of suckers that have been snookered by the Donald.

Pivot 90 degrees and take stock of the 11th hour entry of the hedge-fund Mercer network behind Trump and quackery twisting rhetorical practices so consistent over the past two years.
Worth every minute:

1 Like

“All life is a blur of Republicans and meat.”
-Cartoonist Bill Griffith, 1979

Seditionist Extraordinare, Stephen Bannon. Helped the right put the profoundly divisive Brexit on the U.K. ballot. Helped far-right dictator Bolsonaro take over in Brazil. Helped The Don become U.S. “president.”
And now lobbying the Vatican to move the Church more to the right.

1 Like

Charles P. Pierce is either a dork and/or Dem Party hack. Both Mueller and Barr are political tools - duh.

That the Democrats would “trust” Mueller who lied to justify the invasion and destruction of Iraq with best epidemiological estimates at a million dead should be prima facie evidence that this whole Russiagate investigation is a sham.

5 Likes

Seems unlikely that the investigation itself is a sham, but yes, putting it in the hands of Mueller - bad (if predictable) choice.

1 Like

Liberals and the Democrats, for all intents and purposes, had sainted Mueller. Just go back and look and some of the laudatory hosannas to his “integrity” coming from the arch propagandist Rachel Maddow for example. Russiagate was about the Russians working with Trump to “undermine the integrity of our elections.” Russia couldn’t have made a meaningful dent if they tried. But how 'bout some real collusion to undermine our elections? How about how HRC and the DNC rigged their own primary to undermine Bernie Sanders (who polls show would have easily beat Trump)? Or, how about Cambridge Analytica? Or, how about Interstate Crosscheck? (Look 'em up if you never heard of them.) Or, how about GOP gerrymandering that gave the swing states to Trump? Our electoral system has always been rigged by both parties of the Duopoly. We’ve never had “integrity”.

1 Like

Reading all these reactions reminds me someone once said “Show me the man and I’ll show you the crime”. That’s what some are reverting to now.

A neighbor commented today that Barr is ruining his career until I reminded him that Barr, like Michael Cohen, has been a fixer for decades…at least as far back as the Panama scandal during the Bush 41 regime in 1989.

What Barr did today IS HIS CAREER. That is why Trump ushered him into the DOJ.

Ar least when Cohen was Trump’s fixer, Trump was paying him. With Barr now in that role the US taxpayers are paying him to be Trump’s fixer.

Although few have come close, no previous POTUS has used the US Attorney General as his personal defense counsel.

1 Like

He has left, but is not gone. His efforts to deconstruct the administrative state continue. I’d like to see what amounts to the White House phone log these days. Who does Bannon contact and how many times a month? Looks to me like his fingerprints are all over the Trump Administration; acting-this and acting-that and not even the Chief of Staff knows what the Twit-in-Chief will do tomorrow. Targeting chaos is Bannon’s metier. He is succeeding.

1 Like

That’s right, he is succeeding. He’s three-for-three on items mentioned. The hubris of this sh*theel: he’s actually trying (if he hasn’t already succeeded) to meet with the Pope, to move the Church to the right.
Were it up to me, people like Bannon, Trump and the rest of their miserable, hollowed-out accomplices would have their citizenship revoked. Period.

It gets worse with every passing day. The Report may be issued, but it is only the next beginning that will lead to what? More investigations! The back-log of immigration cases is how large, growing daily, and will take decades to process. The Founders wanted to make change difficult, but this is ridiculous. A man who knows the chief executive called him a "racist, conman, and cheat’! He proclaims himself “exonerated” and the head of the nation’s law enforcement agency backs him up, then spikes the hot mess with a charge of “spying”. I wonder how much more despicable behavior will the republic tolerate? Daily actions are out-running the faltering Congress and ossified electoral process ability to cope. What can people do?

1 Like

Tom-am aware of that which you cite, and am in agreement. Anything is now possible with this Congress, so it is not without the realm of possibility that the story of Russian meddling has no (or little) substance, having ostensibly been concocted by those parties interested in keeping attention away from Crosscheck, ad nauseum. I infer that you tie Maddow into this prospect, i.e., she’s defending the DNC. That again is possible, but to me seems unlikely, though she may do it now and then. One image viz the Russians that I will never forget: Lavrov and Kislyak in the Oval Office, grinning widely.

1 Like