Home | About | Donate

With Administration Under Fire for Abuses, Pompeo Unveils Panel Critics Say Will 'Politicize' and 'Undermine' Human Rights

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2019/07/08/administration-under-fire-abuses-pompeo-unveils-panel-critics-say-will-politicize

Well isn’t that special, porky Pompeo names as head of the new human rights panel a woman who likes to see kids raped by priests. What could possibly go wrong, wait, my mistake, that’s the point.

1 Like

Natural law is a longstanding and profound means of seeking goodness and truth. It’s not subject to ideological bias. The purely sociological -isms have led to Trump’s exploitation. Sociology has some valid points however it’s philosophical anthropology is suspect. It needs deeper grounding. A proper balance of natural law and critical sociology are very much needed.

Reconfire, your response; short, sweet, and directly on point! With this mis-administration seems like what you see is what you get…confusion, deceit(by the truck load), incompetence, cruelty, and evil by the ton. Really hope KARMA is on it’s game when the time comes for all trumps people, and esp. trump itself lands in her realm!

1 Like

Yes, we’ve seen this before, the gop installing people in positions to reek havoc on the institution they were appointed to (James Watts-Interior, Ann Gorsuch Burford-EPA, who was removed and the SC justice’s mother, two I can think of off the top of my head), but nothing like we’re seeing today. They seem to be in full “Grover Norquest mode”. One can only assume their intention is to “drown the government in the bathtub”, and so far they’re doing a bang up job. Our saving grace might be the independents that voted for Trump, most seem to understand they were fooled, and vow to not vote for him again, unless the Dem party puts another neo-liberal on the ballot.