Home | About | Donate

With Americans Outraged Over Trump's 'Power Grab Based on Lies,' 230+ President's Day Protests Planned Across the Country

With Americans Outraged Over Trump's 'Power Grab Based on Lies,' 230+ President's Day Protests Planned Across the Country

Julia Conley, staff writer

As of Sunday morning, more than 230 demonstrations in cities and towns across the country are planned for Monday, February 18, with more than 10,000 Americans prepared to protest President Donald Trump's admittedly-fake national emergency, and Republicans for their support for his actions.

1 Like

Surely a more apt name would be “numbskull” day.

1 Like

Another Rally… Ibdivisible Founder Greenberg says we have to push back hard on Trump. What does “hard” mean? Not one Rally has won anything against this president and his thugs. Good day to have another get together… Sunday’s have lousy TV anyway.

5 Likes

I am really ill and am unable to do much but this keyboard but for the love of whatever gawd you choose Stand UP.

Help me defend my families blood. Please. Thank You.

0 Likes

A synopsis of the Trump speech as to why we have an Emergency:

Blah, Blah, Blah, the Mexicans are Rapists, Blah, Blah, Blah, the Mexicans are Killers, Blah, Blah, Blah, the Mexicans are Drug Pushers, Blah, Blah, Blah, the Mexicans are Evil.

I am copying his speech and sending it to my neighbor who sometimes annoys me. I am sure he and his family must be guilty of something?

It is so wonderful to live in an America where we are taught to hate our neighbor and take away their young children if they dare approach our border.

Is it god that is supposed to be blessing our country from sea to shinning sea?

3 Likes

From my perspective, I think Trump knows his national emergency declaration is bogus ( he even said so) but it seems to me he is testing the water to see what he can get away with later. Folks; looks to me like in the next 2 years we are in for a very rough ride. I just hope like hell Trump does not start a nuclear war, because then Trump would have a real national emergency which would give him unlimited power. But I never wanted in my life, to be more wrong!

3 Likes

It means to me that millions surround OUR WHITE HOUSE, and make a citizens arrest and frog march Trump out in a strait jacket and have him committed to an asylum for the criminally insane…where he belongs…before it is too late!

5 Likes

‘States of emergency can also be used as a rationale or pretext for suspending rights and freedoms guaranteed under a country’s constitution or basic law.’

2 Likes

That says it all! Does that also include impeachment?

1 Like

Low twenties outside, age, and a bacterial infection going, along with a weakened immune system. And I’m likely in better shape than some others that would like to be hefting a sign in protest.
We might be able to help a friend or relative with THEIR sign, or maybe plan on a letter to the editor.
And I have two and a half appointments on Monday. I hope our government workers use their day off work wisely.

1 Like

It’s not just the president that is screwy. Republicans being interviwed are backing up Twump’s charge that their is an emergency. BS.
The Deplorables" are their also.
Another 10-20% of us and they will be a voting majority of screwy Americans. If you WERE scared of what this president might do, how about NOW?

1 Like

2 Likes

A truly disturbing article. Not to mention the hypersonic weapons being built.

2 Likes

Indeed. THIS is a threat, a global emergency, the actual planning for mini-nuclear wars. I will include this on my sign for tomorrow. Then its’ twin danger of ecological collapse, gross inequality and millions without healthcare to name a few.

3 Likes

You and I remember a different time, a different mind-set, I’m thinking that is what makes this so hard for us. I remember living in the street, there were hundreds of us, sometimes thousands. Europe can do it about climate change, why can’t we do it about anything??? BTW, I hope you get to feeling better soon, always enjoy your posts.

1 Like

This looks interesting. Such a shame this type of book is not “fiction”.

0 Likes

Agree with all of that post. And it does get increasingly frustrating that while we have great young activists, that we cannot overlook, the majority of Americans apparently have not personally lost enough to care about our downfall.
Our young dissenters may be too tired to help when the rest of America finally wakes up to reality. Peace

1 Like

Thanks. If you are not paranoid, it means you have not been paying attention to the fact that we now have a crazy man with his hands on the nuclear trigger. We have had many corrupt and fascist POTUS with their hands on the nukes, but, in my opinion, never one this dangerous that could very well start WW111!

2 Likes

Not to worry shanti. This inexpensive course will tell us how to deal with any unpleasantness. LOL. (Not only “Brexit”)

2 Likes

I Love your explanation of what HARD should mean! Things have been a bit soft lately… looking around from all angles. Lol!

1 Like