Home | About | Donate

With Bomber Flyover, Trump Denounced for 'Trying to Provoke War' With North Korea

“U.S. Air Force Maj. Patrick Applegate said of Tuesday [sic] drill: ‘This is a clear demonstration of our ability to conduct seamless operations with all of our allies anytime anywhere.’”

There has on countless occasions since August 15, 1945, been a “clear demonstration” of this “ability.”

And that “ability” has brought “victory” . . . . where?

I think you meant “General Jack D. Ripper crazy”. But that’s giving Trump too much credit.

Very little difference, except for scale.

Here is an interesting article and graph about world support or not support for war in North Korea:

http://www.dw.com/en/international-gallup-poll-diplomacy-rather-than-war-with-north-korea/a-40861749

America is listed as 75 percent for a diplomatic solution and 25 percent for. South Korea is listed as 66% and 34%. Great Britain at 83% and 17%. In short, there would be little support from Americans and across the world. Our bear impasse with Trump in situation after situation is he simply isn’t a diplomatic person. He thinks he was elected the CEO of the United States and CEO’s a driven only by what they want. The specific problem dealing with Kim Jong-Un is that Kim and Donald are too much alike, pre Madonna sociopaths that are self centered and temperamental.

This is news to me. Please list or link some articles demonstrating Pilger’s love for Trump. I’ve never seen any.

How about this. His apologetics for Trump.

Pilger has repeatedly made arguments that amount to apologetics for a fucking fascist.

Look it up yourself.

Again, please cite even ONE example of “an apologetics for Trump”. I believe you’re making this stuff up because I’m well aware of Pilger’s views and everything I’ve read by him is antithetical to your smear attempt.

Roger, try to find one reference to Pilger calling out Trump for his calls for more torture, worse torture, and to make it legal.

Go ahead, search. You’ll find no such reference.

This kind of glaring omission is apologetics in the extreme. Pilger isn’t one to hold his tongue on war crimes, except of course when it comes to Trump.

He is an apologist for Trump, and it is not an unfounded smear.

An apologist for a man hellbent on forcing Americans to suffer for massive personal tax breaks. That’s why he issued his executive order on the ACA and that’s why he is trashing cost sharing subsidies. Wreck millions of people’s lives and force congress (read: Democrats and Democratic caucus members) to accept a plutocratic budget that enshrines his personal privilege into law.

Left apologists for Trump are just as bad as his right wing apologists.

I read his signing statement for the executive order and the jerk has the nerve to couch it as if he is opposed to public money going to corporations.

As you know I’m not a fan of ACA, but where this jerk is intent on taking this country in regard to healthcare and everything else is clucking terrifying.

The man is utterly a self-interested jerk, at the cost everyone in the country.

It has worked before. President Johnston sent a military vessel into the Bay of Cochin then claimed (falsely) that it had been fired upon. Thus began the Viet N am war. Been there, done that, got the body bag.

Ok, that’s what I thought; you can’t cite even one example. In any case, I’m not going on a wild goose chase trying to prove someone else’s incorrect point, something that doesn’t exist. As I’ve said, I’m well familiar with Pilger and have not to this point ever seen even a hint of apology much less fondness for Trump.

I rather disagree. The absence of something does not prove (or even suggest, in my view, given Pilger’s perspective) something else. You are taking vast liberties with language to call it an “apologetics”. Look up the word.

In any case, I completely agreed with PIlger’s assessment in a recent article (http://johnpilger.com/articles/on-the-beach-2017-the-beckoning-of-nuclear-war):
Trump is mad, a fascist, a dupe of Russia. He is also a gift for “liberal brains pickled in the formaldehyde of identity politics”, wrote Luciana Bohne memorably. The obsession with Trump the man - not Trump as a symptom and caricature of an enduring system - beckons great danger for all of us.

So perhaps because Pilger writes (as I and many others have) that it’s a mistake to focus merely on “the f’ing fascist” as you put it, or in condemnation of the entire neoliberal establishment which controls both parties, you think he is somehow a Trump lover. Perhaps you ought to think about that some more.

Roger if you can’t ascertain apologetics for Trump from Pilger’s lectures and essays, even current ones then you aren’t worth the time. Seriously.

Cluck.

And if you must insist that unsupported opinion is fact simply because you believe it and because Pilger hasn’t proven to you the negative …there is no more to say on this, or probably any other matter.

Again, if you can’t parse apologetics from his lectures and his essays over these last several months, then you are simply blind to it i.e, I can’t help you.

Trump is 71 years old and I am the same age. The generation that was involved in the Vietnam War. I happen to know how Trump got out of the draft. You just had to have the money to get enough doctor and lawyer letters to the draft board. The people that had the money to do that could easily get out of the draft. And now he wants to become the big bad war monger president. He thinks he was elected the CEO of the United States and is an ego maniac sociopath. We have had bad or incompetent presidents before, but Trump is absolutely horrific.

AHH; But these fly boys are nothing new; the US has since N.Korean stalemate constantly and deliberately tested Russia, N. Kores, and Chinas’ air and sea responce times of defence systems.
US respects no Sovereignty of air space, which according to International agreement, air space over nations is theirs and theirs alone.
Interesting feature of N. Koreas’air defence: While Korea’s aircraft are mostly aged jets they appear so suddenly at rear of our planes it catches our pilots by surprise.
REASON : Almost all N. KOREAN Z aircraft are staged under ground with long runways (caves) facing outward towards Ocean and S. Korea.
THEY launch almost as if amissle, just as foreign plane is about to pass cave outlet and then hang on tail of intruder jet immediately.
US pilots out mavhoed by those little backwards yellow men.