Home | About | Donate

With Clinton at Helm, Democratic Party Again a 'Plaything of the Super-Rich'

With Clinton at Helm, Democratic Party Again a 'Plaything of the Super-Rich'

Lauren McCauley, staff writer

It appears that nothing is holding her back now that Hillary Clinton has officially become the Democratic nominee for president. With "cash machine" Tim Kaine by her side, the Democratic ticket's fundraising operation is in full swing, and the money—Big Money—is pouring in.

Two words: moral hazard

Bernie Sanders approves of this?

Sanders will need to change his $27 mantra to $270,000 per plate.

Three words: corporate money magnets

...still waiting for that house to land on her head...

Watch for Jill Stein wearing the ruby slippers.

Props to Common Dreams for this article, and for continuing to hold a spotlight to the structural corruption of the Clinton campaign, both duopoly parties, and the entire US political system.

More and more people need to learn the basic facts - feel the disgust - and discard any allegiance to all these totally corrupt "leaders," the billion-dollar PR campaigns that prop them up in public consciousness, and the "men behind the curtain" who strategize and fund these operatives on behalf of the coporatocracy and the war machine.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

How does one reconcile this:

"No longer bird-dogged by climate activists for accepting fossil fuel industry dollars, on Tuesday Clinton attended a private fundraiser in Aspen reportedly hosted by Charif Souki, son of the founder of liquefied natural gas company Cheniere Energy. CNN Politics producer Dan Merica estimated that the nominee raked in $650,000, "but likely more," based on attendance at the event, where dinner plates reportedly cost $10,000 to $50,000."

and this:

http://www.alternet.org/fracking/how-powerful-friends-and-cozy-relationships-helped-cheniere-energy-cash-natural-gas-exports

With this (from a cheerleader for Democratic Party/ HRC):

This is what boggles my mind: the denial of the Dems significant role in destruction of the biosphere from those on the left. Help me out here----what is the deal with that? It IS about the destructive duopoly and the entire political system--- not just the Republicans.

And BTW: Sierra Club--- who has endorsed Clinton--- is mentioned in the Alternet piece about Cheniere.

A plaything of war profiteers, fracking and that sucking sound of American jobs and laws being slurped up by the TPP corporate order.

The convention ends and presto! I get my first "Victory for Hillary" call. From the VFH point of view, it didn't go at all well. I was quite the toxic grass root.

No longer bird-dogged by climate activists...

That is the one sentence in this article that hit me like a ton of bricks. It's true: All undesirables have been silenced.

It's almost like we're supposed to breathe a sigh of relief that those hippies are now out of the picture.

Feel the burn.

What a wonderful man---this man, Souki that is helping HRC with her campaign. No wonder she was pushing fracking all over the world!

http://www.greenpeace.org/usa/campaign-updates/hillary-clintons-connection-oil-gas-industry/

from February 2016:

Souki was in Texas announcing the formation of a new LNG-export company with Martin Houston, a retired executive with BG Group, a world leader in LNG trade, which was recently bought by Royal Dutch Shell.

“It’s the same company all over again,” Souki said of Tellurian Investments. “Cheniere has decided they don’t want to continue the growth, so we’re picking up where they left off.”
That’s not to say that Cheniere is backing off from its ambitious plans as the first U.S. company to obtain government approval to send some of the nation’s shale gas abroad.
In fact, Cheniere is well on its way toward building the capacity at Sabine Pass and at another site in Corpus Christi, Texas, to export LNG at the rate of more than 40 million tons per year – capacity that the company says will represent 10% of the global LNG supply by 2020.
Moreover, competitors are building three other export terminals in Louisiana, Maryland and Texas.

Yes, that got to me just like a ton of bricks. I am so pissed I am shaking. The earth's ecosystems are collapsing RIGHT NOW while HRC is lying, cheating and pillaging hand in hand---gleefully---- with the despicable fossil fuel industry rapists.

http://www.latimes.com/politics/la-na-clinton-digital-trolling-20160506-snap-htmlstory.html

When the Internet’s legions of Hillary hecklers steal away to chat rooms and Facebook pages to vent grievances about Clinton, express revulsion toward Clinton and launch attacks on Clinton, they now may find themselves in a surprising place – confronted by a multimillion dollar super PAC working with Clinton.

Hillary Clinton's well-heeled backers have opened a new frontier in digital campaigning, one that seems to have been inspired by some of the Internet's worst instincts. Correct the Record, a super PAC coordinating with Clinton's campaign, is spending some $1 million to find and confront social media users who post unflattering messages about the Democratic front-runner.

I suppose if we ever had any doubt as to how and for who's benefit the Clintons stole the primary, this proves that the old addage, "follow the money."

Dumped Sierra Club during Reagan admin....sellouts.....

"Floating barrel bombs!"

Where are you Bernie?

Why does any leftist need more of a reason to walk away from the Democrats this Fall and vote for Jill Stein and work to defeat Hillary/Kaine? Nothing will ever change in American politics if you keep rewarding their behavior with victory. They MUST LOSE elections in order for us to take power away from them and take it back for The People. #NeverHillary. Jill Stein 2016!