Home | About | Donate

With Corbyn at Helm, Labour Party Would Apologize for Iraq War

With Corbyn at Helm, Labour Party Would Apologize for Iraq War

Deirdre Fulton, staff writer

Twelve years after he voted against UK involvement in the Iraq war, Labour Party leadership frontrunner Jeremy Corbyn has said that if elected, he will apologize to the British people for the "deception" in the run-up to the 2003 invasion and to the Iraqi people for their subsequent suffering.

Corbyn is doing in the UK what many have pushed Sanders in the US to do: Include a withering critique of foreign policy and militarism in his campaign, alongside the withering critique of "austerity" and neoliberal economic policy.

Let's see how it plays with the UK voters!

Quite ironic that many of the conservatives in the Labour party plus the charming Mr Blair are all scurrying around trying to disrupt the process on the basis that Corbyn has caused a lot of new support to join the Labour movement and so might disrupt the result. Clearly they are looking out for their own bacon rather than being interested in the fact that the party might actually become popular again for the right reasons and even get elected.

Maybe our conservative anglophiles will learn something here... probably not.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I don't want apology

I want penology

I could see that coming from a mile away. Money talks, and truth does not pay the bills. It looks like Corbyn is totally genuine. Lets see how far truth gets in our so called democracy.

Bliar and his toadies destroyed what might have remained of the British Labour Party. Same thing happened in New Zealand in the 1980s and in Australia beginning again in the 1980s. They were all pandering to the Murdoch media and were totally lacking the moral courage of their forebears.

Oh finally what a Brit of fresh air, may the force be with you Corbyn! smile

Even if he loses this election, he can still be an effective labor leader and move his nation leftward.

I recommend the discussion on RT's Crosstalk on Mr. Corbyn and the Labour Party. As an interested observer, it seems to me, the people of the UK are in as deep a funk as are the American people. Maybe Thatcherism holds an even tighter grip on power.

http://www.rt.com/shows/crosstalk/312997-political-joke-fighting-corbyn/

They always do.

Let's hope Corbyn is both honest and tough.