Home | About | Donate

With Deadline to Save Net Neutrality Days Away, Here Are the 18 Democrats Siding With Telecom Donors Over Open Internet

With Deadline to Save Net Neutrality Days Away, Here Are the 18 Democrats Siding With Telecom Donors Over Open Internet

Jake Johnson, staff writer

With just days to go before the Dec.

People like these are the ones who make people like me think that there’s no meaningful difference between the two right wings of the duopoly. Lead, follow, or get out of the way.

Are we missing something? If candidates were not required to raise huge sums of money for what is (or should be) an altruistic undertaking, then perhaps there might not be such a thing as a “Wall Street Democrat” (or Republican, for that matter). Media corporations are the largest benefactors of this sad phenomenon. They should be required to donate x percent of their air/space time to all candidates, or else pay a to-be-determined penalty for not doing so. Our democracy will continue to be compromised as long as the present system remains in place.

The d-party is essentially the bipartisan icing on the duopoly cake. And the progressives who hide out under the d-party banner just fight and fight…for stale fucking crumbs.

These 18 congresspeople suck, but a huge portion of the Democratic caucus is behind the effort to restore net neutrality. The bigger problem is the House is still controlled by Republicans who aren’t going to support restoration at all. The next session, Congress starts all over, but the Senate will have more Trump Senators in it, sadly.

Speaking of AZ dim’s, well, they never were demo’s anyway. Just folks offering dim hope. I was a sucker. I voted for them both. Too bad for stupid me. I have dealt with them both in the past, I know better than to call them and complain, I’m just a poor voter with no money for their wallets.

Sinema is Heitkamp’s replacement. And so the revolving door of conservadems keeps spinning…

This is a symptom of money in politics being allowed to continue. It is nothing more than bribes, plain and simple and, yet, it is not taken seriously enough to change. As long as we sit on our hands and give tacit “permission” to this and other WRONGS being done against ourselves and others to continue as if they will magically change on their own, we having nothing to bitch about. “Playing nice” affects nothing that needs to be affected. GET PISSED OR STAY IN CHAINS!!!

There’s no two party system, just two sets of bribes to be paid. We can vote how we want, but bribe money, not party will determine policy.

Your post reminded me of one of my very wealthy late relatives who corroborates your post. He was a Republican but in order to hedge his bets gave $$$$$$$$$ to both parties.

Come senators, congressmen
Please heed the call
Don’t stand in the doorway
Don’t block up the hall
For he that gets hurt
Will be he who has stalled
There’s a battle outside
And it is ragin’
It’ll soon shake your windows
And rattle your walls
For the times they are a-changin’.

. . .
Your old road is
Rapidly agin’
Please get out of the new one
If you can’t lend your hand
For the times they are a-changin’.

Bob Dylan, of course, c. 1962.

Gotta keep moving that Overton Window, yo:

The Pennsylvania Democrats are mostly from Philadelphia - which is where Comcast is headquartered. About a third of the Comcast voting stock is owned by one family. (Details are at Wikipedia.) The exception is Matt Cartwright, who is from northeastern Pa, and is, or was, the whip of the Congressional Progressive Caucus! Haha!

The Wikipedia article on Robert Brady includes this quotation from the Philadelphia Inquirer: Brady is “the longtime boss of the Democratic City Committee, one of the few old-fashioned big-city political machines left. Running against him could equal career suicide.”

Brandon Boyle’s real name is Brendan Boyle.

The problem, FF, is that it’s not WE sitting on our hands. WE are trying.

That’s why WE come here. Now, how do WE reach more?

These 18 Corpo-Dems should lead up the list of those whom we should primary out of office in 2020.

Tp do that, all the progressive forces, DSA, Indivisible, etc, need to form an alliance and start planning NOW.

Stale crumbs like Medicaid, which saved my life (for free) when I had pneumonia with a fever of 106. And how many thousands of other lives? Which the Greedy Old Psychopaths have been blocking in states they control.

We’ll make progress a lot faster by primarying out the reactionaries in the Democratic party, than by pushing a third party. Primary elections require hard work. 3rd party purism is a just a fantasy. We don’t have enough time for it to save our endangered planet.

And I’m registered Green.

yup - at the VERY LEAST

I would respectfully disagree - work with long standing activist organizations that write and petition - WHY? because its ON RECORD for the long run

Exactly!