Home | About | Donate

With Election Just 4 Months Away, FEC Essentially Defunct as GOP Member Leaves for Koch-Funded Group

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/06/26/election-just-4-months-away-fec-essentially-defunct-gop-member-leaves-koch-funded

2 Likes

“Republican FEC commissioner leaving to joining the Koch network’s dark money fundraising apparatus,” [tweeted] Dig Left researcher Andrew Perez. “Says a lot!”

OK fellas, I know all of the rules and EXACTLY how to end-run them.

4 Likes

Is that a stock photo of a cheap hooker accompanying this article? Did she fellate the dead Koch brother? Look at that cheap lipstick. Gross.

3 Likes

Easy, easy, Trump can fix this, just nominate Carl Rove, he’d be perfect for the job. I know I’d sleep better.

We’re going to have a hell of a time this November3, or 4, whenever the results come in. Perhaps WE need the U.N. to oversee our elections and be certain the results have not been tampered with in any way. Our current president is going to lose bigtime, but he will no accept that. What will occur then? I don’t want to tread there in my thoughts.

3 Likes

Once again this election seems to be oligarch controlled capitalism verses democracy

1 Like

Another Mission Accomplished moment for Trump… There is no need for a Federal Elections Commission, what are the going to do, count the money let in by Citizens United?

Mission of Federal Elections Commission: The Federal Election Commission (FEC) is the independent regulatory agency charged with administering and enforcing the federal campaign finance law.

Very interesting take on this article, like how you put it all together, Thanks, needed a little sarcastic smile this AM!

If voting changed anything they’d make it illegal. Or, make sure your vote doesn’t count… oh, wait…

Just checking:
Has anyone else noticed that we are being set up for the long term? That there will be no reason to have Dem Primaries for at least the next 12 years?

Rigged Primaries in 2016 and 2020, we were not allowed to choose. Now they are
pre-rigging the primaries for over a decade in the future…right now.

In 2020 the Wall Street Blue candidate has indicated he will not run for a second term if he wins. However, the 3rd Way DNC will choose the VP candidate, who will presumably run in 2024 and 2028, and all ‘good Dems’ will be required to support that candidate. So Democrats will have no need for Primaries for many years.

Am I wrong?

btw, I’m over it - #DemExit 03.19.20

1 Like

More proof that money talks, or as Bob Dylan put it, "money doesn’t talk; it swears."

Trump will appoint Allen Dickerson, legal director at the Institute for Free Speech, a right-wing think tank devoted to removing barriers to unlimited campaign spending by outside groups and dark money organizations.

I needed that good laugh, thylacine. Thank you!

The ultra-far right wing, currently dominated by the Kochtopus, appears to have won its long term game, which is to deny the right to vote to anyone who is not like those originally named in the Constitution. White males who owns property. And it wasn’t one man, one vote. If he owned slaves in that property, each slave was 3/5’s of a vote.
The rest of us will find it almost impossible to vote this November unless we’re willing to fight for the right. Literally. There will be armed police surrounding polling places. You’ll be asked for a little gift to get into the queue. Your vote-by-mail will be lost, or the USPS may be out of business by then, forcing you to go to a polling place. It will be well off the public transportation routes. Hard to find. I think you get the picture.
Mark Twain and others were right. We have to crush these rattlesnakes every generation or so to prevent them from taking it all in their Gilded Ages. This is our turn for a snake hunt.

1 Like

Yup, the army of the sheriffs men has grown large and our Robin Hood still hasn’t arrived.