Home | About | Donate

With Eyes on 2018, Dems Prep Sanders-Style Populist Economic Agenda

With Eyes on 2018, Dems Prep Sanders-Style Populist Economic Agenda

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

Democrats are working on a populist economic plan, à la Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), to be unveiled as soon as early summer, Politico reported Wednesday.

Top party members are crafting "a strong, sharp-edged, bold economic message," Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said during a conference call with reporters on Tuesday.

'Infrastructure and trade are expected to be top components.' REALLY?

Again, does the 'average' man and woman consider 'Infrastructure and Trade' to be the top concerns in their lives?

The Democrats just do not get it.

Jobs, Healthcare, Educational Opportunities, Clean Air and Clean Water, these are things that most concern the masses.

Jailing Corrupt Elitist Politicians, Bankers, and Corporate Scumbags would also come before Infrastructure and Trade.

Not to mention the flawed candidate of NAFA/CAFTA fame. It is entirely possible that the working class--the white working class--simply would not believe her had she been the messenger.

"Democrats are working on a populist economic plan, à la Sen. Bernie Sanders (I-Vt.), to be unveiled as soon as early summer, Politico reported Wednesday."

The one populist economic plan a la Bernie Democrats need is to refuse Big Money bribes. The rest of their agenda would stem from that. Any plan that doesn't refuse said bribes is likely bogus.

Direct Online Democracy

They had their chance to disavow corporate donations and they elected Perez over Ellison. Pelosi can't even say the words 'single payer'. Enough! The DemocRATic Party is dead. We Must Abandon the Sinking Democratic Ship and Take Bernie Sanders with Us

Until we clean the BIG MONEY out of politics and get rid of all the voting fraud in this country, how the hell can we vote in any progressive agenda or candidate??!!!

Dems ?? Total frauds. They are exactly ,with a nuance here and there, like the other party. There is no reforming the duopoly people. Opt out and go GREEN or stay at home. War forever. False flags and propaganda is the meme for this empire.

these a--holes and their trolling writers STILL don't get it. How effing dumb do they think we are ?

This is more lame than the promised "hope and change..." Fooled me once I deserve to get fooled again -- don't buy it. It is window-dressing for votes. And shame on Bernie for slapping his face all over it.

How about a "bold" initiative to tackle poverty, boldly raising SS payments and improving Medicare, bold and better employment opportunities and a piece of the cake for everyone and while they're at it why not make Congress one-term limits. These same fools will never, ever get it.

This is one reason why the Dems need new leadership.

What can ya expect when the democrats are determined to be republicans. When has a democrat uttered the word poverty? inequality? inadequate SS payments? and god forbid the words: "raising taxes on upper incomes" and "removing the cap on SS"? -- the definition of bold.

Pelosi and Shumer are not who one turns to when seeking progressive ideas.

So which is it – a message consisting of the usual empty rhetoric echoing the DamnocRat's long-forgotten commitment to working people, or a real return-to-our-roots agenda of Medicare For All, Regulation of Wall Street Greed, Affordable (NOT "Free") Education, and Progressive Taxation to rebuild our infrastructure and move to renewable (and clean) sources of energy, etc., etc.?  If it's just more of the former forget the Damno­crats, and if it's the latter I'll believe it only when I see it.

OOoooops - please forgive me for not reading carefully.   They're going to hammer DOWN a populist agenda - just like they did at the convention - so not to worry.   There's nothing to see here, folks.

Infrastructure will hopefully bring a lot of jobs. As for trade, we need to get rid of the investor dispute process built into them that makes profit of higher value than the environment and common good.

Zzzzzzzzzzzz. Who cares. We can read press releases on Politico.

Right-on PonyBoy. We best get ready to saddle-up and hit the trail to "Political Revolution against EMPIRE" --- because these dumb Dems are TSTSTFE [Too Stupid To Save Themselves From Empire].

It's hard to comprehend the level of stupidity and duplicity that these bought and owned liars have in, as you say, "Just not getting it"

When, asinine, and so-called Top party members are crafting "a strong, sharp-edged, bold economic message," (by political puppets like) Senate Minority Leader Chuck Schumer (D-N.Y.) said during a conference call with reporters on Tuesday" we are all in the sights of the 'worst of the worst' of those leading the 'smoother-lying' neoliberal-con 'D' Vichy Party of the EMPIRE involved in an insane and quixotic faux jousting match against the reigning 'rougher-talking' neocon 'R' Vichy Party of the exact same effin EMPIRE!

A Sanders style populist economic agenda? I think Sanders mentioned single payer health care, increasing social security, free education at state schools, income inequality, climate change. I don't think he talked a lot about trade. Are Schumer and Pelosi just trading on the Sanders name here without promoting his issues and the issues that the average human cares most about? The democrats need to run on a nationwide platform that addresses the issues that Sanders raised. Anything less is likely to fail as it has for the past several years.

For a bold plan, you need the Green Party's Green New Deal:

The Green Party hasn't gone away. Just the tiny trickle of lefty media coverage has gone away. Would have been nice to see some coverage of Cheri Honkala's campaign. It's not too late:

What? William, aren't you buying the 'Russian' story as the reason Hillary Clinton lost?

The Democrats won't let that one go.

The Democratic Party Elites do think we are dumb.

Look how many flock to the voting polls to support them.

Like the old saying goes, you can fool some of the people some of the time, but you can't fool all of the people all of the time.

I too was one of those fools once.

Never again.

I'll second that.