Home | About | Donate

With FCC at Now Full Staff, Groups Warn That Net Neutrality Is Under Threat Once More

With FCC at Now Full Staff, Groups Warn That Net Neutrality Is Under Threat Once More

Jake Johnson, staff writer

The Senate on Thursday confirmed two nominees for the Federal Communications Commission (FCC)—Jessica Rosenworcel, a Democrat, and Brendan Carr, a Republican—bringing the agency back to full staff and sparking fears among Open Internet activists and lawmakers that net neutrality will soon be under threat once more.

so we have generals everywhere, sessions going after the press(msn appears to have stifled debate) now the government will likely make another attempt at controlling the internet. the police have already been militarized, ice and homeland are staffed and with a hefty increase in the military budget…? yeah it is looking very much like a coup.

I wish I knew a lot more about what you are saying. I know it takes forever for me to move from one screen to another on CD, it is somewhat slow on rt, and it is fairly instantaneous on yahoo. I know I don’t like what the article implies, even if you don’t want to call it net neutrality.Thanks for providing more info. Sometimes–often–these urgent campaigns oversimplify very complex subjects.