Home | About | Donate

With Kavanaugh Aboard, Supreme Court Shields Wilbur Ross From Testifying Under Oath About How He Lied Under Oath

With Kavanaugh Aboard, Supreme Court Shields Wilbur Ross From Testifying Under Oath About How He Lied Under Oath

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Intensifying widespread fears that the recent addition of Justice Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court will solidify the judicial body's power to act as a legal shield for President Donald Trump's astonishingly corrupt administration, the high court

I have a special deal on my oceanfront property in Arizona for anybody who thinks Kavanaugh would vote in favor of requiring Ross or any other Trump operative to testify against themselves.

With Kavanaugh and the other four Federalist operatives on the SCOTUS not only will Trump “not lose one vote if I shot somebody on Fifth Avenue (in NYC) in broad daylight”, Trump and other POTUS will not be subject to prosecution for that murder.

2 Likes

Great summary of what we have here. They all are allowed to Lie under Oath, can we? Noooo! Then they get rewarded for it! Bigger problem is what are we gonna do about all of it?

4 Likes

I hope that enough of us will find ways to withdraw our consent to be governed.

3 Likes

That is how fascism works

7 Likes

And so it begins.

4 Likes

Johnson sez: “… the Supreme Court’s order protecting Ross from sitting for a deposition was described as a ‘major blow’ for the coalition of civil rights groups and state attorneys general …”

Yeah. Far better to preempt the court altogether through “bipartisan” (sic) legislation — such as the 2008 FISA Get-Out-of-Testifying-Free bill for Cheneybush, for example.

2 Likes

Body language! Body language! Body language! Look at this photo. There is not only is there the smugness in their faces….but they cannot look each other in the eye. What is not to understand about the nature of these men?

3 Likes

Well, less than 2 weeks on the job and Brett Boy is already on his knees for Trumpo the Klown, just as they planned. What a despicable little shit who lied his shameless ass off to a confirmation group composed of shameless assholes like Hatch and Grassley.
I’d recommend that people who are interested look up “rage rooms” on Google. They existed before the Orange Anus but they are multiplying across the country. Unfortunately, they may be a temporary source of relief but they will do nothing to help get rid of this gangster in the Oval Office.

2 Likes

Doesn’t Ross also own a Russian oil tanker line?

“should be a national scandal” - There are so many things that should be a national scandal in the United States but the people as a whole seem to complacent and dumbfounded. They are even talking now about a strong republican showing this fall. I hate to say it - but this place (the US) seems rather hopeless. Of course part of it is this two party system which has in many ways been only one. In essence, we have had a president from only one party for the last 38 years.

3 Likes

The investment in Brett is already paying off - like they knew it would.

2 Likes

I’m 65 years old and I’m sure I’ll catch some flack from the youngsters, but one of the reasons we’re in the mess we’re in today is because the X generation and the millennnials are too busy with their electronics to vote and most don’t give a damn about politics unless it affects them. Hello there. Like these losers running our country? Maybe it’s time you looked up from your screens and help do something about this shitstorm.

6 Likes

One week he lies under oath to the Senate, the next week he is defending lying colleagues.

3 Likes

Sorry Barton, have to disagree with you. The young voters were energized when Bernie was running and gave them hope. When he folded, that energy disappeared. Could it be they just need someone worthwhile to vote for, like the rest of the country ?

3 Likes

Given what we’ve seen from our elected politicians - can you blame them for turning off? Frankly, I have often wondered if politics really solves problems or creates them and more division. Real change usually comes from outside politics and the government - by Martin Luther King types and their movements. Governments reluctantly follow. That is why governments are frequently so harsh in their treatment of groups like Occupy, etc.

1 Like

With Justice O’Connor’s diagnosis, this gives Don and his wrecking crew yet another healthy shot at court-stacking.
Less than two years in “office,” and two new SupCt “justices.”

Right y’are…they’ll be looking up, blinking, asking “wha’ happen?” (and “won’t someone think of me?”) when the sh*t really starts to fly.

1 Like

You have your finger on it Recon. It takes leadership first.

1 Like

If one would look closely at Kavanaugh, I’m sure they’d find 2 heavily calloused knees.

He’s been performing in that position since high school or longer.

Just another Repressed Republican, now.

1 Like