Home | About | Donate

With Louisiana Lagging in Testing Capacity, Top State Election Official Proposes Positive Covid-19 Test as Prerequisite for Voting by Mail

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/19/louisiana-lagging-testing-capacity-top-state-election-official-proposes-positive

Can we remove that top election official?

From our planet.

4 Likes

In my tracking of relative trouble from this outbreak (projective mortality), Louisiana has risen to the very top, with Arizona in second place. Five other southern states have topped New Jersey to comprise the 7 most troubled: Mississippi, Florida, Alabama, Georgia, and South Carolina – in that order.

Meanwhile, I keep seeing more evidence of problematical immunity issues for SARS2, which means any kind of effective vaccine is frankly doubtful. (My emphasis):

The research team knew of the earlier 229E reinfection study, so they weren’t surprised to see multiple 229E infections in the same subjects crop up in their own data, as revealed by increases in antibody levels, says Arthur Edridge, a physician and Amsterdam UMC graduate student who is the paper’s first author. “What was surprising for us is that [reinfection] actually seemed to be a common feature for all the seasonal coronaviruses that we studied,” he says. All but one study subject had been infected with a particular coronavirus multiple times over the period of the study, and in some cases the time between infections with the same virus was as little as six months to a year, indicating an “alarmingly short duration of protective immunity,” the authors write in their paper.

~https://www.the-scientist.com/news-opinion/cold-causing-coronaviruses-dont-seem-to-confer-lasting-immunity-67832

3 Likes

You can lead a horse to water,
But you can’t lead a horticulture.

4 Likes

I’m still trying to figure this out. HELP.

1 Like

And the winner for this year’s Most Brazen Attempt to Suppress the Vote in a State Certain to Go for Trump category…The envelope please…Some complete dumbass from Louisiana. Yay.

2 Likes

Onomatopoeia.

2 Likes

you do and You’ll clean it up !

3 Likes

Brilliant Phred. Fucking brilliant. :))

2 Likes

And hayseeds wonder why they get a bad rap. Case in point, Louisiana’s top election official. Besides the tests have a poor efficacy around an 80-90% accuracy which is terrible. Besides tests are still hard to come by in big enough numbers to prove effective. Some days I have to quit reading things lest I lose my mind completely.

2 Likes

“Help, I need somebody, help, not just anybody, help, you know I need someone, hel-l-l-p.”

1 Like

“Spain reported 3,715 coronavirus infections, the highest since the lockdown in the country was lifted in late June.” (Aljazeera)

New restrictions here include:

Mandatory masks in all public places, no smoking in public, nightclubs closed, no karaoke, no amateur entertainment, bars/restaurants close 1am, no drinking in public, events need special licence, care home visits restricted to one person and social distancing everywhere.

Happy to say majority of citizens adhereing to regulations. I believe people are realising the severity of the virus.

1 Like

When we think all the crazy’s are locked up in the barn, there is always one more.

1 Like

“I see a red door and I want to paint it black.”

It’s time for Blue and Red to take a backseat to Black.