Home | About | Donate

With Monterey County Measure Poised to Win, Celebration That 'Public Water Won!'

With Monterey County Measure Poised to Win, Celebration That 'Public Water Won!'

Andrea Germanos, staff writer

Residents of of Monterey Country, California, moved closer having public control of their water after apparent passage of a citizen initiative that has the potential to topple decades of private control.

Early numbers show the initiative, Measure J, winning 54.89 percent to 45.11 percent.

Time to put the boots to Nestle in those places they are raping the peoples water.

A company called Cadiz is trying to steal water from the desert and sell it to Los Angeles. And a lot of paid off politicians in Calif are going along with this. Maybe I should just dig a well in my backyard and start selling all the water----and of course they would only charge me $200. a year—what they charge Nestle??? In the San Bernardino forest Nestle is charged $400. a year for pumping out thousands of gallons for profit as the forest dries and burns. The public officials allowing this theft should be in jail.