Home | About | Donate

With Nation Distracted by Mueller Report, Facebook Admits Millions of Users' Passwords Affected by Latest Privacy Breach

With Nation Distracted by Mueller Report, Facebook Admits Millions of Users' Passwords Affected by Latest Privacy Breach

Julia Conley, staff writer

In what critics described as a classic "news dump," Facebook appeared to take advantage of the Mueller report capturing the nation's attention to reveal at the same time that millions of users' passwords had been stored on the site in an unsecured manner.

Anyone still stupid enough to be on Facebook is getting what they deserve. Any time you don’t understand how a company makes money, YOU are the product.

3 Likes

Would not go that far as ignorance of surveillance and its inherent dangers is something of a defining characteristic of the later generations.
Facebook is designed to become an addiction to its users, especially kids and teenagers who often become reliant on “likes” and “followers” as a source of self-esteem.
Many will also be reluctant to leave after having invested hundreds if not thousands of hours into it over the course of many years.

1 Like

Sheep gonna sheep and they just get upset when they’re not shorn

Hi Chuclie4Peace: I don’t believe that Zuckerberg actually, “thinks,” With so many instances of Facebook screwing over people, perhaps it’s time to refer to it ever after as :
CrapBook–“We’re all about the Benjamin’s.”

I never succumbed and put my entire life on line—thank goodness. : )