Home | About | Donate

With No Evidence or Legal Precedent, Trump Suggests He Has Authority to Fire Mueller

With No Evidence or Legal Precedent, Trump Suggests He Has Authority to Fire Mueller

Julia Conley, staff writer

In an early morning tweet, President Donald Trump suggested Thursday that he is legally able to fire Special Counsel Robert Mueller—despite an understanding among legal experts that he does not have this authority.

If I wanted to fire Robert Mueller in December, as reported by the Failing New York Times, I would have fired him. Just more Fake News from a biased newspaper!

Coming from the Pathological Liar that he is, Trump is the only one who believes he will survive firing Mueller.

History has proven that Trump will be “Toast.”

Stick a fork in the Portly So-called President.

He’s done.

He’d do better to first fire Rosenstein and Sessions; and, then nominate people to their positions who would limit the scope of Mueller’s investigation. He’s got plenty of justification to fire Rosenstein, whom he nominated.

Will someone please poke a hole in this gas bag!!! When these things happen in Washington DC there is usually a herd of lawyers that move in, many of them being legislators in congress. Trump has gone senile and thinks he is still starring in his TV program “You’re Fired!” There is still memorabilia of that popular TV program at Amazon.com. They even have a 12 inch tall Trump doll and a push button to hear Trump saying “you’re fired.”

Sorry Donny, but this is reality and a huge herd of lawyers is coming your way. Hopefully at the end of his first term in office we the people will be telling Trump “you’re fired” in 2020. I just don’t see Trump as a two term president, and if Republicans don’t want to go down with them, they are going to have to start showing the nation they do not support Trump. If they don’t do that, Trump will bring down the Repoublican Party.

I disagree with most on this subject. Right now, with our joke of a congress, Trump knows he can get away with anything. He could fire Mueller a not a dam thing would be done to him. Who would impeach him, the repug’s. controlling the house ? Not a chance. We are not in normal times, the situation were in has never be experienced before, if we were, I would agree with the rest of the posters on this page.

Drumpf can “suggest” all he wants to his ass licking base.

But nah - even the enabling Republican Party is publicly signalling it’s ready to bail on this one - correctly fear it would split the party, derail their drive to oligarchy:

"Sen. Chuck Grassley, R-Iowa, chairman of the Senate Judiciary Committee, said on the Fox Business Network on Tuesday that he had “confidence” in the special counsel and that “it would be suicide for the president to fire Mueller.”

"Sen. John Kennedy, R-La., said he thought Trump was “too smart” to get rid of Mueller. “I think it would provoke some sort of reaction by Congress. I think he knows that,” Kennedy said on CNN’s “New Day,” adding that “the president can’t just fire Mr. Mueller. He’s got to direct Mr. Rosenstein to fire him, and I don’t think Mr. Rosenstein would do it.”

"Sen. Bob Corker, R-Tenn., said it would be “inappropriate” for Trump to dismiss either Mueller or Rosenstein. “I think it would be a massive mistake for the president to do anything to interfere with this investigation,” said Corker, adding, “he knows most every Republican senator feels that way.”

"And Sen. Lindsey Graham, R-S.C., also said Tuesday that he didn’t think Trump was likely to dismiss either man because he knew “it would be the beginning of the end of his presidency.”

Erich, have you forgotten about Nixon?

The consequences for trump and his bloated ego & self-importance (a legend in his own mind) would be a de facto obstruction of justice! “Firing” Mueller, or even a preliminary firing of Rosenstein will precipitate such a massive shitstorm that even his empty head will spin!

Any attempt to end the Mueller investigations will certainly, and rightly, be seen as an attempt to silence Mueller for getting too close to trumps previous crimes and/or collusion, electoral frauds, conflicts of interests, ignoring and flouting the Emoluments Clause, Russian oligarch collusion/conspiracy (including trumps crime family members!) public gov agency sabotage/destruction affecting the health and safety of Americans (pruitt, et al) to satisfy and serve vast wealth and profits above ALL else including the health of Mother earth…see the article on the diminished energy activity of the Gulf Stream…a VERY disturbing consequence of MMGW!..in addition the more salacious charges against trump and probable electoral fraud by him via his lawyer Cohen are certainly in the crime-mix!

Laura Ingraham is on the air now with other human scum like Joe Geneva, bending truth and reality. There is no shame in these people.

Unfortunately I believe he plans on taking the whole country, if not world, down with him.

Indeed. And should Trump get impeached expect Pence to exonerate him of any crimes as soon as he gets in the Oval office

I’m betting he’ll just resign.

Hope you’re right, and I’m wrong.

I hope so too.

Keep dreaming pony boy fake Russian bot
We will NEVER RELENT
Just try it liberal lol

TrumpMAGA

Never going to happen

King, huh.

More like, lap dog.

Morons Are Governing America. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: