Home | About | Donate

With Pandemic as National Emergency, Biden Could Enact Medicare for All by Executive Action—But Will He?

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/11/17/pandemic-national-emergency-biden-could-enact-medicare-all-executive-action-will-he

1 Like

With Pandemic as National Emergency, Biden Could Enact Medicare for All by Executive Action—But Will He?

O.K. I’ve gotten up from the floor now. Lots of writers with lots of stoopid questions lately.

13 Likes

In pretty much Biden’s own words when asked about Medicare For All he answered ‘no, I beat Bernie!’ Besides, he would be punished by the DNC and Wall Street for sure. And with Hillary’s name surfacing for a spot in the administration, no way. “They’re republican light, stupid!”

7 Likes

Joe is no FDR, so don’t expect him to act like he is.

Dreaming won’t change his 47 year record.

7 Likes

WHAT?! I thought I was done throwing up for the day with all the other articles!!!

5 Likes

Nope. While republicans excell at imploding, mainstream democrats (republican lights) are perfecting the art of losing. At risk of repeating myself over and over, “insanity is repeating the same mistakes and expecting different results.” They just seem incapable of learning.

4 Likes

The NNU is having a Medicare For All Post-Election Strategy Call
This is just a reminder that the call is tonight, Tuesday November 17th, at 5pm PT/8pm ET.

It is taking place on Zoom

For info: ~info@medicare4all.org

5 Likes

Congress holds the power of the purse, so the question is moot.

Biden should show just as much regard for protocol and so-called bipartisanship as Trump and Moscow Mitch have done: none.
As soon as he’s sworn in, he should execute an executive order reversing and deleting ALL Trump’s executive orders, including pardons.
He should enact universal healthcare, restore all scientists to all agencies, rejoin the Iran treaty, cut off all funding to Israel, re-stack SCOTUS to be a progressive majority, impeach all Trump judges, and otherwise burn his way through the Trump/GOP structures and completely trash them.
When they complain that he isn’t playing nice, he can say “Merrick Garland” and " F off."

7 Likes

Hi CE,

So much optimism here, we are talking about the same Biden n’est ce pas?

4 Likes

If by “they”, you mean the moronic voting public, I FULLY agree. If you mean those inside the corrupt “D” party, then I guaran-damn-tee…THEY ARE AWARE!

1 Like

About that ocean front property I have in Indiana, Carol?
You SHOULD buy it from me.

3 Likes

Don’t just love rhetorical questions? :smile:

2 Likes

There is nothing light about neoliberalism and they are HEAVY into the most radical aspects of neoliberalism.

5 Likes

I agree as likely as snow in July in DC-unfortunately.

1 Like

No, Biden won’t enact M4A with an executive order.
Bernie would have done so in a heartbeat.

4 Likes

And THAT is why they (Oliar and Company) had to take him out.

So how would that work. Dump all insurance companies overnight with no M4ALL infrastructure in place I don’t think so.

1 Like

Not optimism, but desperation, lol.

1 Like

I would buy your land at the right price, except I can’t stand Hoosiers on the beach near Indianapolis.
Too much flabby white flesh, lol.

2 Likes