Home | About | Donate

With Perdue and Loeffler Under Fire for Shady Transactions, Warren Intros Bill to Ban Lawmakers From Trading Stock

Do you have anything of substance to say?

Accumulation through dispossession is bipartisan.

1 Like

Yes, don’‘t be so friggin’ glib.

1 Like

A little on the fence?!?

Great idea and since we’re dreaming, what about term limits for Congress and SCROTUS.

4 Likes

Okay. But that isn’t a substantive comment either.

2 Likes

Guess your on the bankster’s side. Too bad.

What good is proposing this bill if the Democrats won’t support the Progressives?

The Democrats will all be writing their own books titles “What Happened?” after they all get slaughtered in the MidTerms.

Even Pelosi sees it coming by declaring that this will be her last term as Speaker - right Nancy, you’re just trying to get out in front of having to hand the gavel over to Kevin McCarty.

So it’s thanks to the Progressives for holding your collective noses and voting for Biden but you can either go back to the rear of the bus or better yet just get off at the next stop.

1 Like

You guessed wrong. Merely surprised that someone is still on the fence as to Obummer’s intent. I must confess he had my vote once…

1 Like

YES. Warren’s bill is good, but WARREN LIED, when she (FALSELY) accused Bernie of calling her a liar, on national TV, post-2020 debate. Warren steals Bernie’s policy positions, when it suits her agenda. Get informed, you’ll life a better life.

1 Like

It should be required that if you win an office or are appointed to serve in an administration, you must divest yourself of all stocks, bonds, etc., thus, eliminating the corruption that currently exists. No blind trusts - complete divestment.

4 Likes

Well, Congress is designed so that those that conceive of policies that will actually help the public or the environment can bring up such proposals whether they’re serious or not without getting called on it, because the bill will never get voted on, or if it does there are plenty of corporatists to vote down such bills.

2 Likes

i like the thinking behind this, Liz & Pramila. Perdue & Loeffler are very blatant in their corruption.

People’s capacity for patience (or is it inertia, i can’t tell sometimes) continually astounds me.

i expect levels of voter suppression/intimidation that will be unprecedented in my lifetime in this runoff election. i fully expect the mainstream media to claim that something like “only 18% of african-americans in Georgia bothered to vote” - that will serve as confirmation (to me) that the system is still working as intended by tptb. (& i fully expect for those claims to be bought hook, line & sinker by… people who often profess skepticism of the mainstream media🤷) Heck, maybe tptb will go bolder and claim that the majority of african-americans in Georgia voted for the Republican candidates - that’ll really turn the progressives against “black” people.

1 Like

Of course Warren is right, about both halves of the corporate duopoly. But this is disturbingly cynical and manipulative timing meant to influence the Georgia election. That it either has zero chance to pass, or will be made toothless before it passes is a given. Mainly an example of the same kind of hardball the gray Democrats have practiced against the progressives in and outside their own party. No doubt Senators’ lawyers are busily packing away loopholes and end arounds, having been warned about the debate over the strategy, just in case something goes wrong with the ploy.

1 Like

“The american dream”. loeffler’s dream. Yes. Trickle down. Bootstraps.

“What’s at stake here in this election is the American dream. That’s what’s under attack.”
Interesting that she would even be concerned with the American dream since her party is Hell-bent on leather on making it impossible to acquire with their desire to increase income inequality. Dreams are only for wealth it seems.

1 Like

If he does we will have two single term presidents in a row.

What is liberal about that?

Neoliberalism is a strain of liberalism that reduces (and disfigures) “liberty” to economic transactions. Civil liberties are sacrificed on the altar of the marketplace. Big Capital is liberated to prey on communal wealth. The public is privatized and the private is commodified.

2 Likes

Yes I’m sure. You?