Home | About | Donate

With Pollinators at Risk, Bee-Friendly Gardening Moving into Mainstream

Can't Monsanto (TM) just Genetically Modify the bees to make them Round-Up Ready ® ?
Please call your congress-criminal today and get them to grant money to Monsanto (TM) for this very important government subsidy.

I have created a bee and monarch friendly garden in my small area that has been an astounding success. I saw my first monarchs this weekend; have a thriving beehive in the soffits in the corner of a shed that has been active for several years; had a swarm of bees this spring in my evergreen that I had an apiarist round up and give them a good home. Plantings are native plants all perennials (monarda, salvia, columbine, lavender, lupine, coneflower, scotch broom, heuchera, pulmonaria, hosta, veronica, dwarf goldenrod, liatris, etc.) along with annuals (bacopa, geranium, nasturtium, impatiens, phlox, etc.) that bees and butterflies like. I also have a cherry tree and Italian plum that the bees love when they blossom in the spring. My reward is priceless: saving honeybees and butterflies. In addition, I have several bird feeders (and bird baths) each with a different type of seed that attract many different bird species year-round...even when the snow flies. All is a labor of love (all Dr. Earth organic mulch and fertilizers that do no harm. Seed is heirloom, non-GMO and organically farmed).

Lets see I grow flowers and make my environment bee friendly so chemical companies can continue to make money producing products that kill bees? This world is upside down!

Thanks for the information. As a former nurseryman and avid home gardener I had no idea about this. Here in coastal California I have noticed the terrifying disappearance of bees and not really known all the causes. It seems to have happened very fast. I started working with insecticides in 1976 and have not seen anything like the way this has happened. We need to do anything, whatever it takes, to stop it.

Here's high five and a thumbs up thumbsup : to you... thanks..

Pollinator Drones, which might sound like the living drone bees are doing the pollinating, but no these are robots.

This post was flagged by the community and is temporarily hidden.

I have read some reports that electromagnetic radiation---you know wifi and all that cell phone traffic, is causing the bees to lose their ability to find their way back to the hive. They have a built in compass that they use as a way to know where they are and know the way back to the hive based on the natural electoral radiation of the planet. Our wifi radiation over powers their ability to navigate. The bees are just missing. The hives are not full of dead bees but they are empty. .

To me that does not sound strange at all. The elegance of bird migration serves as an example, it's really simple in a sense. Given my mostly dislike for the forced technology of cell phones, it seems right. We sure did not need them forced on us the way they have been, causing an entire younger generation to become the worst consumerist slaves I have ever seen. Kind of karmic par.