Home | About | Donate

With Postal Service on 'Verge of Collapse' and 630,000 Jobs at Risk, Trump Slammed for Refusing to Take Action

If we do not figure out a way to destroy the GOP…they will certainly destroy us!

8 Likes

All true, but remember this is a union busting operation by Trump aimed at a largely black and Latinx workforce.

4 Likes

They will literally lose their heads; if not their own we will start with the families. Bank on THAT.

Yup, and all fascist heads must be in the basket placed on the other side of a guillotine…

3 Likes

The Grassy Knoll Guys are under the direction of Wall Street Guys and their Chicago School model of the economy, just as the Pinochet dictatorship in Chile was under the direction of the Chicago Boys.

5 Likes

It is a two way street. If they do manage to destroy it, the mailbox comes out of the ground, there will be no point of direct communication means for ANY agency to contact. There won’t be any bills except those able to be received and paid done though a bank’s bill pay service. It’s a slippery slope for the enemy- cuz that is what they now are- as well.

3 Likes

I think the bill you are referring to was passed while GW Bush was president. No matter. You make an excellent point: The GOAL of every neoliberal administration and every neoliberal Congress – all of them since Reagan – has been to destroy the US Postal Service and hand its functions over to the private sector.

Another thing worth mentioning is that the requirement of funding its pensions for 75 years in advance was imposed by Congress not only to bankrupt the Postal Service but also to make it that much more valuable to corporatizers/profiteers. A government service whose employees’ pensions have already been paid for (for at least the next several decades) is much more valuable to profiteers than one whose pensions might have to be paid for by the profiteers themselves.

12 Likes

I am no lawyer but wonder on the privacy of peoples mail in the USA if it delivered by a Private Company versus a Government entity.

The Constitution in the US offers protection against Government intrusion thus it violates the Constitution for the USPS to open peoples mail or gather data as to what types of mail they receive and who it is from. What privacy protections are there when the entity delivering the mail a private firm?

6 Likes

While I like your enthusiasm, I just need to point out that JP Morgan, Andrew Carnegie, John Rockefeller, Cornelius Vanderbilt, Jay Gould, and yes, Prescott Bush, all died of the same thing…
Old age.

3 Likes

Dumbtardo Trump and all the GOP assholes want the post office to become a for profit organization which means rural mail delivery will become obsolete and everyone would have to go to town to get their mail from some warehouse depot or let UPS or the other for profit barons deliver your mail. SAY HELL NO in November. ON NOV 3rd FLUSH THAT TURD.

9 Likes

How many Million$ in “campaign contributions” (aka Bribes) do FedEx and UPS contribute to the 'PoopLickens every year?

But . . .  But . . .  If we had universal vote-by-mail the 'PoopLickens closing of polls in “blue” districts wouldn’t matter, and We, The People might actually get to choose our own representatives in local, state and national governments.  Tweetle-Dumb’s advisors have made sure that he’s well aware of
this threat to the oligarchy:

Gee, I wonder why Tweetle-Dumb would do such a thing??  After all, a Postal Service is mandated
in Article I, Section 8 of our Constitution . . .

5 Likes

Rural whites who voted for Trump are going to feel the consequences of their choice if the postal service collapses. Same thing with the collapse of rural hospitals. Guess some folks are going to learn the real meaning of “small government.”

12 Likes

Try sending something illegal in the mail and you will find out.

Disclaimer: Not advocating this:

1 Like

Trump is not “slammed”, he’s not going to lose his job, he’s not going to lose any followers, he’s not going to lose against Biden: he’s not loved buy the left, (or what there is that can be called “the left”), but they are not hurting him at all. Trump is firmly on top of the world. This is how it will remain after the USPS is completely defunct, (They’ll just privatize it); after 2 of 3 hundred thousand Americans have died from coronavirus, (they’ll just declare martial law); after the upcoming election irregularities are obvious, (They’ll just declare victory); After the economy is completely gone, They’ll just allow the banks to take everyones homes away, seize massive tracts of property for themselves and let the citizens fall where they may. This wont change Trumps victorious status, nor his increasing popularity, they’ll just blame it on fake news and the over regulation. Only citizens, if we had any, could right these wrongs, but they won’t. So called citizens have created this situation, not Trump, they haven’t the intelligence or the courage to do anything on their own behalf. Not anything.

11 Likes

What a GREAT idea for a bumper sticker and campaign button, Akita -

“Flush the Turd on November 3rd!!”

9 Likes

Another test for the Democratic Party. The feds rescue Boeing, the failing oil companies, the banks and Wall St., but piddly for the Postal Service. This is absolutely nuts. The Dems must draw the line this time. I suspect they won’t. There must be another alternative to Trump-Biden!

8 Likes

When I worked and lived in Mexico they had no mail delivery and the U.S. now a banana republic with a Mafia style, dictatorship just like Mexico could also become the same way.

3 Likes

It was also a different age then the times we now face.

Republicans, and some Dems, have been looking for an opportunity to privatize US postal service, now they have it:
^https://fortune.com/2020/01/24/usps-privatization-canada-post/

1 Like

Please add #11

well checks by the mail man or mail lady because they visit every day and can spot inactivity at a home or condo box and have police or fire pay a personal visit to be sure everyone there is ok.

9 Likes