Home | About | Donate

With Senate—and Nation's Future—at Stake, Corporations Pouring Money Into Georgia for GOP

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/12/10/senate-and-nations-future-stake-corporations-pouring-money-georgia-gop

We need to change the “sapiens” in our species name to “stultus”!!

2 Likes

By all means, name those corporate bad actors!

FORD used to be an acronym for Found On Road Dead. The story is, engineers deliberately created a number of American cars and trucks to vibrate so that they pulled themselves apart.

Verizon sponsors 5G microwave technology, which probably won’t cause quite as much cancer as the cigarette industry but you never know. When women put their smart phones in their bras they get breast cancer clusters where the phone is. People are getting sick from cell phone towers.

4 Likes

I am just waiting for a winning candidate, whose candidacy has been/is being fueled by corporate money, to tell the donors when they call in for favors, thank you for your donations to my campaign but I promised you nothing in return, I am here to work for the people, so go to the back of the line. Yeah, I know, dream on!

6 Likes

Corporate America loves them some government stagnation. To them and America’s oligarchy, malaise means more money.
The only things the wealthy ask of government are no taxes, no regulations, and the obstruction of any organized effort by masses to change either of those two dynamics. And they always, ALWAYS, get what they ask.
The only interesting thing about the senate being 50/50 would be to see that, when push comes to shove, what will the corporate democrats like Manchin, Warner, Sinema, Schumer, and the like do if a piece of truly progressive legislation hits their desks. I’m pretty sure I already know.

2 Likes

I only know what you’ve been smoking today, but you need to share:)

1 Like

The tendency to “kiss butt” is out of control.

An ecologist friend suggested Homo sap years ago.

1 Like

It’s rare when big money fails to win a bad candidate an election. May this be one of those times.

1 Like

Ah, you make me recall the old line from Rodney Dangerfield,
“I just looked up my family tree, I found out I was the sap”

1 Like

At least he admitted it!

Those types get weeded out before they get to the finals.

I’ve been on a Menken roll lately, the shoe fits.

Democracy is a pathetic belief in the collective wisdom of individual ignorance. No one in this world, so far as I know—and I have researched the records for years, and employed agents to help me—has ever lost money by underestimating the intelligence of the great masses of the plain people. Nor has anyone ever lost public office thereby.

• H.L. Mencken, Notes on Democracy
1 Like

IN the 90’s 60 mins did a story on a Scandinavian Doctor who could tell you if you were right of left handed from CAT scans of the brain by which side of your head had the extra dark spots around and just above the ear.

Quite a list of Corporate sponsors. I’ll bet Nancy and Ol Joe are jealous as hell !

'Do you remember the first time you had sex? I was scared to death the first time I had sex - I was alone at the time"

We need to boycott those companies.

1 Like

I thought it was Fix Or Repair Daily.
Caption for the photo. Trump silently muses, you think I’m clapping for you, but I’m clapping for ME.

1 Like

The average IQ is two digits, not three.

Have you not been doing so?

If that.