Home | About | Donate

With Solo Arrest, Bill McKibben Spotlights Exxon's "Unparalleled Evil"

With Solo Arrest, Bill McKibben Spotlights Exxon's "Unparalleled Evil"

Nadia Prupis, staff writer

Environmental activist and 350.org co-founder Bill McKibben was arrested on Thursday after staging a protest at a gas station in Burlington, Vermont to bring attention to Exxon Mobil's decades-long efforts to undermine climate action for the corporation's own gain—a strategy he called "unparalleled evil" in an op-ed for the Guardian on Wednesday.

I salute the man. 07

A suggestion for another protest would be to have a bucket of tar and a big bag of feathers in a truck; parked outside of their corporate headquarters.

Don't actually try to tar and feather the buggers, just express the wish that we should.

'"If these allegations against Exxon are true, then Exxon's actions were immoral," Lieu and DeSaulnier wrote. "We request the DOJ investigate whether ExxonMobil's actions were also illegal."'

If they were not illegal, planetcide needs to be added to the list of first-degree felonies.

OMG, Bill, didn't think you had it in you!!! ... Wow!!! Great job. I have thought for a long time, that things like this are necessary, right at the "heart of the matter".... I do and have told people some things to google, while at the gas pump... have handed out articles about climate change and peak oil, while there and have been told by at least one gas station to not come back anymore... You go Bill!!!

Good job Bill for showing your outrage. We need to all start doing that.

You have done a heroic thing, Mr. McKibben. I admire your courage and your dedication to the vital task that awaits us all. Thank you for your service.

"It takes great courage to back truth unacceptable to our times."
-- John Steinbeck, East of Eden

I beg your pardon. Neofeudalism? Pretty heavy stuff. "Unconscious"? the thing's gone Freudian.

Since when, in this country, does one get arrested for holding a sign at a gas station?

" Unparalleled evil ".

Yes Bill. And what further proof do we need than after 24 years, the unparalleled evil of the Exxon Valdez oil spill, in Valdez, Alaska Exxon has still not been held accountable.

Could you please explain your comment? I can't understand it at all.

They are every bit as evil as what Monsanto and Pfizer are doing, and like Exxon Mobile they are all owned by the Descendants of John D. Rockefeller- These people, much like big tobacco, can not only get away with murder, they can get away with mass murder...Just like their Chase Manhattan Bank-Too Big to Fail and too Big to Jail...

Yes Matt, know you agree with what
Bill McKibben has done.... In addition to what Exxon/Mobil has done, their CEOs, the public relation firms who hired writers to lie about global warming and the professional writers should also be arrested and charged with attempted genocide of all life on Earth

There is a UK Lawyer Polly Higgins, who is trying to get Ecocide added to the Rome Statute as a crime against Humanity
The only way to make companies accountable for destruction of the planet is to make a law that makes it a crime
If you google Polly Higgins End Ecocide you will find lot's of links