Home | About | Donate

With Statement Equal Parts 'Dangerous' and 'Imbecilic,' Trump Smears Khashoggi and Vows to Back Saudis

With Statement Equal Parts 'Dangerous' and 'Imbecilic,' Trump Smears Khashoggi and Vows to Back Saudis

Jake Johnson, staff writer

In a bizarre, exclamation point-riddled statement on Tuesday that one critic said reads more "like a 6th grader's school report" than an official White House press release, President Donald Trump shrugged at the CIA's conclusion that Saudi Crown

1 Like

Turns out MAGA stands for Make Arabia Great Again!

8 Likes

Let’s look at what we know of this part of the world.

Saudi Arabia is isolated from most of civilization by a vast desert. It accuses Iran of all sorts of uncivilized behavior. Yet it is Iran that is linked by modern train service on the rail line from London, through Moscow, and on to Beijing. Look in history and see who Iran has attacked in the last five of six hundred years. Nobody, and please tell me where and who if I am wrong.

Iran uses its own currency trading with Russia and China, it accepts the Ruble and Yuan. This is in fact the US beef with all of them. They don’t use dollars much anymore.

28 Likes

In even a mildly democratic country, Trump’s justifying the torture and gruesome death of a journalist because he was an enemy the state would prompt calls for a resignation. Don’t wait up late for anyone to do so in this country.

5 Likes

The rest of the world is busy looking for ways to work around the US, Israel and the KSA.

Look for China or Europe to perfect cars that run on hydrogen. After that, it’s game over for the Saudis.

10 Likes

Yes, the U.S. of Amerika has used the canard of terrorism OVER AND OVER AGAIN, but never mentions the real thing that really scares hell out of them; and is their real terror! THAT BEING THE PETRODOLLAR.

8 Likes

Seems Trump is following in the betraying footsteps of Lyndon Johnson who called off a rescue mission of the crew of the USS Liberty a US intelligence ship which was being attacked by Israeli aircraft during the six day war when he said these words, “ he didn’t care if the ship sank, he wasn’t going to embarrass an ally.” The USS Liberty suffered 70% casualties, with 34 killed and 174 wounded…

13 Likes

Total BS! What Trump really means is that Saudi Arabia buys billions of $$$$$ from Amerikan war industries, defense contractors and he cannot allow that to happen.

Personally, it would seem to me that if our oil prices " went through the roof" that would be a good thing and a great motivator to eliminate fossil fuels.

9 Likes

There’s a large glut of oil on the world market. The main beneficiaries of a steep rise in oil prices would be Russia, Iran and Venezuela. Oh, and the U.S. of A.
Trump’s making his money on his motels and luxury townhouses, etc. And, of course, the old fashioned way by laundering money and selling favors. He just made $$$ by letting MBS off the hook for murder, etc.
It’s an old tradition around Thanksgiving; ya know, sparing the princeliest of young turkeys.

5 Likes

It’s more clear than ever - since Nov 6 elections - that we have a lying madman with his 6th grade fingers on the buttons of power. We all know this. Now it’s matter of the Republicans in Congress growing some spine and just a little courage and patriotism and we will flush this moron into the dustbin of history. The guy with orange hair occupying our WH is a corrupt imbecile who must be erased. The Dems are not perfect - compared to trump, they are perfectly stellar. Looking forward to the new House and Robert Mueller’s findings.

3 Likes

Yeah, Trump exonerated and spared the worst turkey of all!

1 Like

I don’t actually think Hillary would have walked back the treaty with Iran and pursued this path. Too much Democrat initiative was spent during the Obama administration to achieve a multilateral treaty that Trump has backed out of, out of spite. However - she seemed ready to escalate things in Syria and the Ukraine, and that’d have had some fallout. It’s just a matter of flavor and degrees when you’re having to pick from the MIC’s stooges.

4 Likes

Do you know any Ukranians, or Syrians, specifically leftist Ukrainians or Syrians? I do, and they, right now, absolutely despise the US-left.

1 Like

This alone is reason to start impeachment proceedings Of course that will not happen. Turd the moron and his cabinet are first magnitude sociopaths who have again, and again shown nothing but contempt for the rule of law, the constitution, human rights, and common decency. They make the Cheney administration look like model citizens. HAVE WE COLLECTIVELY LOST OUR MINDS? Why is this tolerated for even one more day? I say march on DC, drag this scum and his Republican and Democratic enablers out from under their rocks and imprison them all to await trial. There is no legitimacy to this government if action to remove Turd is not taken immediately.

2 Likes

It’s time news started focusing on the gap between normal cognitive abilities and the profound ignorance of the leader of the free world. We must not take this as normal.

3 Likes

HI Garrett: and don’t forget there is a huge Jewish population in Iran, They are free to practice their religion and don’t appear to want to move to Israel. I don’t blame them

2 Likes

Excellent observation.

1 Like

Exactly. Which begs the question, why the outrage over this guy? There is something else going on here.

1 Like

You know, his hair has turned blond. It’s his skin that’s getting more orange by the day.

If you are busy blaming and scapegoating Iran and Russia while Saudi Arabia and Israel-Neocons destroy Yemen, ISIS destroys Syria etc., you are supporting the former Bush I & II Neocons, now known as Trump.

2 Likes