Home | About | Donate

With 'Survival of Organized Human Society' at Risk, New Campaign Rallies Progressives to Vote Trump Out

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/news/2020/08/05/survival-organized-human-society-risk-new-campaign-rallies-progressives-vote-trump

7 Likes

i ain’t mad at you guys; it really pisses me off that Trump has implemented cruel & capricious policies simply for the sake of being cruel & capricious.
Otoh Trump’s blatant cruelty has been a valuable rallying cry for grassroots activists; Biden’s comparatively “slow burn” might not be as useful to The Cause…but the cruelty for cruelty’s sake being directed toward immigrant children really weighs heavy on me.

6 Likes

Would you rather “Protest authoritarian fascism from which we may never recover?”
or
not be an enabler of the deep security state, wall-street, oil oligarchy, war machine that has run this country for the last 100 years.

10 Likes

You know what doesn’t work on people with a modicum of integrity?
What doesn’t work on those focused long term, with an eye on the history that got us to this point?
What doesn’t work when the logic amounts to “we could nominate Pol Pot and you’d vote for him?”

Vote shaming.

And if Biden loses my state by a single vote, it’ll be mine and I’ll be proud as hell.

25 Likes

‘Grassroots’ - just as grassroots as the plastic plants at WallyWorld!

7 Likes

Trump out and Jesse Ventura in.

2 Likes

And here comes the LOTE marching band, right on cue.

Looking forward to 2024’s excuse.

Maybe lucy will leave the football alone this time?

15 Likes

The band seems to be playing one of Sousa’s more subtle rhapsodies, this time around:

Cohen described the new grassroots initative as a “two-step campaign: First, vote Trump out. Then challenge Biden from day one.”

There might be some common sense in this – like nobody’s going to seriously oppose Orangeman except by first voting him out, so we’re not likely to see very energetic alternatives to the Dim placeholder, at the top of the ticket, for now. Have I gone beyond the pale and drunk the LOTE Kool-Aid? (Actually Jim Jones – of whom Orangeman reminds me – famously favored Flavorade.)

3 Likes

At every election with an incumbent republican the story promoted is the same - utterly crucial to vote donkey, and don’t worry we’ll make him accountable later. They think we’re endlessly suckers.

18 Likes

If the DNC cared about ousting Trump, they would have a viable candidate. I will not be shamed into voting for such a despicable candidate. RootsAction has lost my support.

Also, their FAQs are a joke.

14 Likes

Wow, a break did me good. AND coming back did not. PEACE out.

2 Likes

It seems correct for the people still playing this game. We can’t forget that half the country turned off this channel ages ago, and our ranks grow with each passing farce.

7 Likes

This at the end of the article was key for my Bile duct action kicking in:
“two-step campaign: First, vote Trump out. Then challenge Biden from day one."
Shut up already, in other words.
Chomsky’s support is noteworthy however.

2 Likes

Vote Trump Out, then, make Biden an offer he can’t refuse.

Know what I mean?

5 Likes

I think Jill said it best:

“Hold your nose and swallow.”

No, thanks Jill.

5 Likes

They want us to vote lesser evil rather than good government. Democracy should be about government by the people, not government by corporate financed pawns.

“May your choices reflect your hopes, not your fears.” Nelson Mandela

11 Likes

I was thinking the same thing, the dems have found a new angle on LOTE voting, with not a peep about how they enabled Trumps election and most of his legislation since 2016.
The one benefit from this mess, it’s exposure of people for who they really are.

11 Likes

Yes, and here’s an example:

"How can you endorse Joe Biden given his record of centrist neoliberalism?

The #VoteTrumpOut campaign does not endorse Joe Biden. That’s because our effort is not about supporting Biden."

Translation: A vote for Biden isn’t actually a vote for Biden!

Surprise!!!

8 Likes

I, for one, doubt it, and this is more about ridding our world of a very real menace. All future generations–if we are to have any of any species–are the primary concern.

5 Likes

The DNC is starting to sound kind of desperate. Like they are beginning to think we might not bail them out this time.

In an abusive relationship, this is a critical stage. If you cave, they have you 10x tighter. If you don’t cave, your foot is approaching the door, and they are about to redefine what crazy is.

18 Likes