Home | About | Donate

With US-South Korea War Games Set to Begin, North Korea Warns of 'Merciless Strike'

With US-South Korea War Games Set to Begin, North Korea Warns of 'Merciless Strike'

Jake Johnson, staff writer

With the United States and South Korea set to begin joint military exercises on Monday—and as Trump administration officials attempt to de-escalate tensions after the president threatened to bring "fire and fury" upon North Korea—the regime of Kim Jong-un published an

The US should stop its provocative, destabilizing military exercises NOW. They are not doing anything but increasing the likelihood of war.

I am a Nuclear Veteran and have seen and felt, up close and too personal, the horror that our Executive and Military treat so lightly. I’m a survivor of the tests, thousands weren’t. I recovered from my exposure, many didn’t.
*Our planet is balancing on a knife edge of pollution, war, runaway heating, population growth. A nuclear exchange might well be the end. Ask the surviving residents of Rongalap.
*All nuclear weapons must go. Nuclear power is proving to be just a slow moving bomb with spills and leaks in aging reactors, and then there is Fukushima.

I Have Seen the Dragon

I have seen the Dragon
Through clenched lids and arms pressed tight.
I have felt its hot breath on my back
And listened to the rumble of its voice.

I have looked upon its breath,
Glowing Amethyst, red and purple,
Climbing towards the stratosphere
To deposit its venom downwind.

I have waited in fear as my gums began to bleed
And my hair came out in clumps.
I breathed a prayer of thanks
As I began to heal.

After fifty years, our ranks are thin,
We who have seen the Dragon and survived.
Those who have died or are sickened still,
Their numbers are legion.

All we can hope for, work for, pray for,
Is that no madman will ever be allowed
To unleash the Dragon again.
For its legacy to all is death, disease and decay.

© Stephen M. Osborn
2 November 2006

*There was a time when we used Diplomacy to defuse situations, to ward off conflicts and war. Now that the Military-Industrial-Congressional-Complex have found the enormous profits in war and conflict, they seem to have discarded common sense in their search for profits and power.
*It is way past time for We the People to cast out these profiteers from government and reestablish Diplomacy, mutual respect and help, to solve the problems of the world.
*Virtually every religion, every philosophy, going back thousands of years, has made the statement, "Do not unto others as you would not have done unto you."
*Yet the rulers of this country seem only to say, “Destroy those who do not kowtow to us. We the powerful, with the destruction of the world at our fingertips, demand that the world obey us, allow us license to take what we want, rule whom we want and destroy those who resist.”
*Time for some constructive change.
;-})

RAHU, we don’t need game commercials on this site, or any other commercials for that matter. This is a very serious and concerned site. GO AWAY!
;-})

" As a result a growing number of lawmakers are calling for Trump to be stripped of the nuclear football."

Folks, I am not an alarmist, but in my opinion, the fact that our mentally incompetent and unstable President has access to the nuclear codes scares the hell out of me!

As i am sure you know, the status of the dollar as a reserve and trading currency has been under a sustained assault since Saddam Hussein first try and his subsequent colossal failure. The world has realized how the US has been manipulating governments through IMF and world bank loans they cannot pay back racking in enormous profits.
Russia, China, Iran and perhaps Syria all want to trade oil in exchange for any currency and put an end to the dollar’s unfair dominion.Nations forfeit and cause harm to their own currency and national economies when they aren’t allowed to use their own moneyand lose the freedom to exchange in any currency they wish.
Since Reagan the United States has been running up huge deficit spending without concern for balancing our national debt because there is a global trust in the dollar. That trust comes at a high price in US ability to manipulate events around the globe and punish those who disobey either by annihilation as in the cases of Iraq and Libya or threats of nuclear war and crippling sanctions in the case of Iran and Russia.
I happen to think that the North Korean scare tactics are just a side show for an invasion of Iran as Iran is the real target of a future US aggression.

Why don’t you buzzz off!!! And go stand on a street corner to beg, this isn’t a pan handler paradise.

“Pouring gasoline on a fire,” or “Poking a hornets nest with a stick,” WTF do they think they’re doing?

Tactics of maintaining Empire through intimidating an enemy until they snap. Same as a bully would do.

Must cause Death and Human Suffering any way possible.

Man, do I hope the “Reaper” comes for all of these assholes real soon.

I’m also more worried about a future war with Iran than with North Korea. The hawks/neo-cons have always eyed Iran as the real prize.

I think Venezuela is more likely to be invaded if CIA destabilization tactics aren’t rapid enough for the oiligarchy.

Why is NK our enemy?

They’re convenient and not too well liked, and they are close to China, who seems to be on the list.
;-})

The orange turd boasted that he would have war with Iran by December.
*I am amazed at the number of other people whom I have considered pretty much realistic and down-to-earth who just eat up the propaganda about Persia.
*They elected Mossadeq in a free election and the CIA got him deposed and the Shah and Savak put in to destroy Persia’s freedom and turn Persia’s oil back to the British and American oil companies that wanted it.
*Finally, the Shah was deposed (while dying of cancer) and the Ayatollah became the new despot. We didn’t like him, either, and he is gone.
*Persia would like to live in peace. It has sponsored an agreement ending nuclear weaponry in the ME and hopefully the world. The new leader has posted a fatwah renouncing and forbidding nuclear weaponry in Persia.
*For this, Israel and the US want to blow them off the earth! It threatens their profits.
*God! I would love to see some sanity amongst the more powerful world “leaders,” but instead, all I see are power games between them, and millions dead or homeless, as they play their games.
*Definitely time for change, and I think the only way that will happen is if We the People of the World decide to make it happen.
;-})

I may have asked the wrong question. The real question could be, Is peace as profitable as weapons sales?

I think it could be, but the money and power has found that there is nothing as profitable as war. Suggestions to the contrary are quickly discarded.
*If you look at what is happening with renewables, there is a great deal of profit, even as the cost drops.
*However, as I have written before, the MICC was horrified when the CCCP went down. Suddenly, their war contracts began to drop. They were going to be faced with selling refrigerators and stoves, maybe even get into real estate.
*Now, if a guy buys a stove or a refrigerator, he may well keep it for twenty or thirty years. Same with a house. Where is the profit in that?
*Guy buys a thousand pound bomb and BOOM! He’s got to buy another. That is real profit! The CIA can keep the wars going, or start new ones, and the cash cow just keeps giving milk.
*Somehow, we have to find a way to break this syndrome, but Wall Street, Big Oil, and Big Military are addicted to this. How can we break this addiction and demonstrate a peaceful cure?
*The person or group that can solve this problem will really earn a Nobel Peace Prize.

Yeah, but don’t you realize that is the whole idea!

If it is a side show, someone better tell the North Koreans.

They know and are playing along, the danger is in unintended miscalculation on either side.

Below are two articles, by respected analysts, who both conclude that the U.S. Empire is collapsing; and, the various conflicts between the U.S. and N. Korea, Syria, Russia, China, Venezuela, Iran. etc., that periodically rise and fall in the U.S. media, as the weeks pass, are essentially “…geopolitical distraction as a tool for controlling the masses…”, as the oligarchy’s financial system continues to loot the country and its citizens.

Geopolitical Tensions Are Designed to Distract The Public From Economic Decline – Aug. 3, 2017 – Brandon Smith – Alt-Market

Tracking geopolitical and fiscal developments over the past several years is a bit like watching a slow motion train wreck; you know exactly what the consequences of the events will be, you try to warn people as much as possible, but, ultimately, you cannot reverse the disaster. The disaster has for all intents and purposes already happened. What we are witnessing is the aftermath as a forgone conclusion.

This is why whenever someone asks me as an economic and political analyst “when the collapse is going to happen,” I have to shake my head in bewilderment. The “collapse” is here now. It is done. It is a historical fact. It’s just that not many people have the eyes to see it yet, primarily because they are hyper-focused on all the wrong things.

The Neocons Are Pushing the USA and the Rest of the World Towards a Dangerous Crisis – Aug. 18, 2017 – The Saker – The Unz Review

So the real question now is this: can the rest of the planet prevent a catastrophic collapse of the AngloZionist Empire?

This is the irony of our situation: even though the entire planet is sick and tried of the incompetent arrogance of the AngloZionists, nobody out there wants their Empire to catastrophically collapse. And yet, with the Neocons in power, such a collapse appears inevitable with potentially devastating consequences for everybody.

This is really amazing, think of it: everybody hates the Neocons, not only a majority of the American people, but truly the entire planet. And yet that numerically small group of people has somehow managed to put everybody in danger, including themselves, due to their ugly vindictiveness, infinite arrogance and ideology-induced short-sightedness. That this could ever have happened, and at a planetary scale, is a dramatic testimony to the moral and spiritual decay of our civilization: how did we ever let things get that far?!

…There is a reason why the Neocons thrive in times of crisis: it allows them to hide behind the mayhem, especially when they are the ones who triggered the mayhem in the first place. This means that as long as the Neocons are anywhere near in power they will never, ever, allow peace to suddenly break out, lest the spotlight be suddenly shined directly upon them. Chaos, wars, crises – this is their natural habitat. Think of it as the by-product of their existence. Eventually, of course, they will be stopped and they will be defeated, like all their predecessors in history. But I shudder when I think of the price mankind will have to pay this time around.

Yes, of course. The U$ has become a Global Predator, a pimp for weapons and war. The suits in the Pentagon, CIA, Congress et al. LOVE war, which is the greatest evil.