Home | About | Donate

With Vow to Fight for Workers and Against Corporate Monopolies, Keith Ellison to Run for Minnesota AG

With Vow to Fight for Workers and Against Corporate Monopolies, Keith Ellison to Run for Minnesota AG

Jake Johnson, staff writer

Vowing to take on corporate monopolies, fight for the rights of workers, and hold the powerful to account just as he did for over a decade in Congress, Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) announced on Tuesday that he is running for attorney general of Minnesota.

"From immigration reform to protecting our air and water, it has never been more important to have a leader as attorney general who can stand up against threats to our neighbors' health or freedoms."
—Rep. Keith Ellison

Keith, you’re with the wrong political party if you are going to bite the hands that fund you.

You might want to make a true political statement and join the Green Party.

He wants to win…

Perez won’t let him, they need him for cover. See we allow progressives in the DNC. We don’t give them any power but we have one.

Ellison has always talked the talk. In his earlier years, he actually walked the walk. Now that he’s quit his job as Perez’s Poodle, maybe he’ll get back some of the mojo he started with. Maybe somebody close to him hit him up 'side the head and told him he was embarrassing himself and tarnishing his legacy with his DNC made-up position.

More importantly, when Perez appoints a successor, the absolutely total corruption, vacuity, duality and hypocrisy of the junior wing of Duopoly Corp. will be further exposed and more party ‘reformers’ will look elsewhere.

Maybe baby…maybe…

PS: the above comments assume that Ellison will give up his DNC vice-co-chair job. If he doesn’t do that, not only are these comments irrelevant, but so is he.

Kinda weird to agree with ALL the posts on this page

I must be turning Green…

Irrelevant? Speak for yourself, Tom.

I’m from MN and I plan to $upport Ellison. He is a man of great integrity who truly feels he can do more for us little people as MN AG than he can by wasting his time in the DC Swamp. In a radio interview on MPR today he even refused to throw Louis Farrakan under the bus. This despite Rethugs constantly and untruthfully painting Ellison as a racist white-hater. Besides there is a very capable Somali-American muslim woman, State Rep. Ilan Omar running for his old spot.

If you read my post, the irrelevance comment is based on whether he quits the DNC job or not. What he - or any other politician says is irrelevant. Their words - like all of ours - are irrelevant (or worse) if they don’t coincide with their actions.

I always speak for myself, as does everybody in these pages – except for trolls who put words into others’ mouths.

I was a Saint Paul, MN resident until May Day and am well-acquainted with Ellison’s public words and actions.

That’s right.

In politics, there can only be winning, at any cost.

Any cost.

Even the Truth.

Ellison is kind of following in the footsteps of another ethical Minnesotan, Representative Don Fraser, who, after about16 years in Washington, returned to local politics. Fraser became a much-reelected mayor of Minneapolis. Ellison’s fighting spirit and desire to serve makes him an excellent fit into the office of Attorney General.

Vowing to take on corporate monopolies, fight for the rights of workers, and hold the powerful to account just as he did for over a decade in Congress, Rep. Keith Ellison (D-Minn.) announced on Tuesday that he is running for attorney general of Minnesota.

"Too often, Minnesota’s working families and the most vulnerable among us are taken advantage of or are targets of discrimination. I am running to be the People’s Lawyer to hold those in power accountable and to protect and defend all Minnesotans," Ellison said in a statement after officially filing the paperwork for his candidacy. "When Minnesotans are ripped off, they need a fighter on their side."

Would we have been hearing anything like this if so many hadn’t abandoned the Dem Party and not vote?

…said the apologist for screwing third parties by any means necessary…

Reportedly, Ellison intends to keep his DNC job as lackey co-chair. Also, the DFL (almost by accident) nominated a young progressive for Attorney General, so Ellison will be splitting that vote. Since all the leading Dem gubernatorial candidates are neo-cons and neo-libs, it seems like a true progressive would have gone after them (and given him/herself a national platform if s/he actually won). Bad (s)electoral politics created by faux-progressivism.

TomJohnson --Reportedly, Ellison intends to keep his DNC job as lackey co-chair. Also, the DFL (almost by accident) nominated a young progressive for Attorney General, so Ellison will be splitting that vote. Since all the leading Dem gubernatorial candidates are neo-cons and neo-libs, it seems like a true progressive would have gone after them (and given him/herself a national platform if s/he actually won). Bad (s)electoral politics created by faux-progressivism.

Thank you –

While this might suggest that Ellison feels forced to make more fake progressive comments, there is no real intent on the part of the party to follow through.

DFL – Minnesota “Democratic Farmer Labor Party”