Home | About | Donate

Withdrawing Troops From Afghanistan and Germany Is Still a Good Idea

Originally published at http://www.commondreams.org/views/2020/07/17/withdrawing-troops-afghanistan-and-germany-still-good-idea

1 Like

Given the news from Portland is Trump planning to use those soldiers removed from Afghanistan and Germany for domestic policing operations?

Democrats are now the Pro WAR neo con party and fighting Trump from the right wing.

The " Lincoln project" is embittered Bush Neocons who want more War and support Biden.

We are now asked to choose between Jeffrey Dahmer or John Wayne Gacy becasue the corrupt DNC cheated Sanders again.

I wont vote for either Trump or Biden.So thanks for that democrats for another despicable candidate who could easily be worse than Trump on every front.

1 Like

Thank you Tom for a nice article.

The committee adopted the German troop amendment even more emphatically, by a 49-7 vote, with only a single opposing Democrat—Ro Khanna (CA). Even Tulsi Gabbard (HI), fresh off her recent antiwar presidential candidacy, voted for it.

More confirmation of why I’ve always liked Ro. He says some things I don’t like occasionally, but he is a reliable vote against war and for Medicare for All. I had much higher hopes for Tulsi only to have them dashed (on M4A first and now this).

Germany, where we supposedly need over 35,000 troops to act as a buffer against Russia, is all set to buy natural gas from Russia through a soon-to-be-completed pipeline. Peace could be breaking out all over, except the US remains committed to fomenting instability in…well, damn, you name a place.

1 Like