Home | About | Donate

Without Remorse, House GOP Passes 'Morally Corrupt, Cruel, and Barbaric' Tax Bill

Without Remorse, House GOP Passes 'Morally Corrupt, Cruel, and Barbaric' Tax Bill

Jake Johnson, staff writer

"The public reaction to today's heinous tax bill will speed the day when that tax justice is realized."

1 Like

SHAME! SHAME! SHAME! Talk about taxation without representation!

More proof that Chomsky was correct when he said the GOP was the most dangerous party on the face of the earth.

6 Likes

Whenever they open their mouths all I hear is oink.

2 Likes

From my perspective, the Amerikan, fascist Coup D’ 'Etat was on 11/22/63.

2 Likes

The U.S. has fallen prey to the very thing it rebelled against in the first place: an immutable aristocracy.

7 Likes

Ok folks . . . how to deal with all of this?
More ecocide courtesy u.s.a. with this tax bill:

2 Likes

I am so sick of being pissed on since the 80s by the GOPs trickle down economics, this folks is what I now call the republican golden shower. All these money grubbing corporate c**k sucking morons in our house and senate who wrote and voted for this aberration of a tax bill will be voted OUT starting in 2018. Kiss you house and senate seats goodbye boys we are coming for you.

2 Likes

Missing from the discussion of these obscene tax cuts is what new investment will be made by the filthy rich with more money to speculate and what they expect in return. Topping the investment list is petroleum, related products and industry, never mind the costs of pollution and environmental degradation, never mind the rank economics of luxury travel and tourism nor the inevitable collapse of globalization leaving lesser economies of scale unprepared to serve most people’s basic needs. The list continues at length, but it must be said that the impoverishment it creates will induce volunteers into the military, most learning quickly that war is hell and military service not worth the sacrifice, and others only learning that war is little more than a violent video game against perceived but faceless enemies. We are headed for World War III like the world has never seen. Millionaires have their reclusive sustainable retreats ready to survive indifferent to the slaughter.

4 Likes

As it was in the 30s, those in control feel that there is a Reich way and a wrong way to govern.
All of the things We the People value are defined by the Reich as the wrong way, and they’ve bought the government to make it so.
;-})

1 Like

They will have more money to invest in more politicians around the world.

“Our ‘neoconservatives’ are neither new nor conservative, but old as Babylon and evil as Hell.”
― Edward Abbey

2 Likes

“The ugliest thing in America is greed, the lust for power and domination, the lunatic ideology of perpetual Growth - with a capital G. ‘Progress’ in our nation has for too long been confused with ‘Growth’; I see the two as different, almost incompatible, since progress means, or should mean, change for the better - toward social justice, a livable and open world, equal opportunity and affirmative action for all forms of life. And I mean all forms, not merely the human. The grizzly, the wolf, the rattlesnake, the condor, the coyote, the crocodile, whatever, each and every species has as much right to be here as we do.”
― Edward Abbey, Postcards from Ed: Dispatches and Salvos from an American Iconoclast

3 Likes

Wrong. What they want is a guaranteed return on their investment, no matter what politician of whatever political stripe they can influence. It’s like utility companies that oppose solar energy knowing it would reduce energy consumption. It’s like car manufacturers that neglect the progress of electric cars knowing they’re safer, get in fewer accidents and need to be replaced less frequently. Arguing against all politicians is RIGHTWING propaganda. We elect politicians to represent us and enact laws that serve our needs.

I hate to sound preachy, but to these people, their actions are HIGHLY moral. They are simply working within a different moral system, one called fascism (look it up), in which barbarism and militarism are both positive core values, and in which democracy is considered immoral. This would be a good time to read or re-read Ursula K. Le Guin’s wonderful little parable, The Word for World is Forest.

Hmmm, I’m glad to see that I was not the only person to note that “neoconservatives” are neither new nor conservative, although I never heard that term even in the time of Newt Gingrich’s “Contract On America” (sic) in the late 1990s, and Abbey died in 1989. It would not surprise me that he was a decade or more ahead of that curve as well as others.

1 Like

When those who are tasked with the representation of their constituents place a higher value on their personal return on investments over the health and lives of those who enabled them to be in those positions, they must be removed as their morals have been fatally corrupted.

There should be no hesitation to remove these individuals via any means possible.

2 Likes

Squeaker is in charge as America is turned into Animal Farm and all animals are created equal, but pigs are more equal than other animals and pigs will now control more than ninety percent of the wealth in America while the elderly, children, and disabled Americans, including our recently returned veterans who have been fighting profitable wars by killing many innocent people overseas, and some guilty and duped fanatics, will have to go without adequate health care, food and shelter. Those people who will have to work even harder for a living wage may not eat and the idle, nonworking rich will be attending Nero style banquets. So much for republicans and their " those who don’t work should not eat" Old Testament bromides. These vile hogs turn the Gospel on its head and make a mockery out of the Sermon on the Mount. They had better be atheists because if there is a God, he is coming for them. God will only get the republicans after democratic voters have finished beating republicans into a pulp for doing the heinous things they are doing in this bill. I can’t wait for the day these b+++++ds get their just deserts. I’ll have a keg party!

My deceased uncle knew Reagan personally and I remember when I was little before he died, he told me Reagan was one of the most corrupt people he had ever meant!

4 Likes

Yes, you are right! The dominion you speak of is linked directly to a new and vile heretical form of Christianity called dominionism, which perverts everything Christ said in the Gospels into Old Testament justification for every vile thing that they are doing. Millions of Americans who consider themselves to be moral Christians have been decieved by these huxters of hate, bigotry, and massive greed. I’m trying to start a Christian movement opposing them that will advocate separating the three sections of the Bible because the Old Testament is NOT Christianity! People do not know this. As far as I am concerned we can burn the Old Testament or use it for toilet paper because it causes all the problems we have with getting people to understand real Christianity. Read Galatians. St. Paul clearly shows that Christians should not follow the Old Testament Laws of Moses! I want to simplify Christ’s teachings in the Gospel so even a child can understand it and use it to counteract the vile teachings of these heretical dominionists. Christ’s instructions as to how Christians are to live and believe are ONLY found in the four Gospels, anything else is irrelevant. When you get a new contract or covenant, you never go back and follow the old one. People aught to understand this! In addition; the dominionists believe that God wants them to get rich by plundering all of the world’s natural resources, and to hell with animal and plant species, God gave us absolute dominion after all. However; it says in Revelation that God will come down personally to " destroy those men who destroy the earth", so I don’t think that their philosophy has a leg to stand on. How can we show respect for God if we destroy and pollute and plunder his land and mountains and permanently kill off all of God’s plants and animals? We cannot! These men are lying abominations. They falsely accuse gay people of being the ones responsible for the destruction of Sodom and Gomorrah when it says in Ezekiel 16 Chapters 48-52 that the real reason for God’s punishment was what this tax bill will do, harm the poor widows and orphans and the disabled and hungry when the country is overflowing with massive wealth. If Christian supporters of these republicans would just read the Gospels and the New Testament which is the covenant that we are living under now, they would see how wrong these dominionists are. Christ even spoke of these false teachers saying that listening to them was like trying to get apples off of thorn bushes. Jesus will say to them " Go away you evil doers, I don’t know you". This is all so pointless and harmful and destructive! The suffering and pain and destruction that this tax bill will create is totally needless. The Native Americans were right about people like these republicans. They are here to totally plunder this place. Republicans won’t be satisfied until America is a total toxic and radioactive waste dump unfit for life other than rats and cockroaches. They live solely to hear the wails of suffering from those people who are dying without pain relief, or dying from hunger, or wailing in for profit prisons or slave labor camps pegged as rehab for substance abuse, or shivering in the cold. They are evil sadistic monsters who can’t enjoy all their ill gotten gain unless other people are completely destitute. They have unleashed a Bushman demon called The All Devourer who eats everything up until there is nothing left and then has to eat himself. Their eternal punishment in hell is too good for them.

I hope so. But It may not happen because these republicans have gerrymandered and voter suppressed themselves into having totally noncompetative seats in Congress, no matter what ever the will of the people. They will have even more unlimited campaign money than ever before from their happy billionaire donors, like the Koch brothers. This tells me that republicans are committing sedition against our democracy right there. Every time democrats win court cases that find gerrymandering and voter suppression to be Unconstitutional, they pass one hundred new state laws to gerrymander and voter suppress even more. Democrats MUST get these republican governors out of office ASAP! If we don’t we can kiss democracy goodbye. Republicans and their supporters do not want democracy, they want totalitarian dictatorship run by wealthy white males. They want witch burnings and a phony Christian American version of the Spanish Inquisition where they can execute LGBT people and women who use birth control, have abortions, miscarry, or whose babies die at birth, like is happening right now in South America, and so they can kill anyone who opposes what they are doing. The banning of words and Orwellian doublespeak will lead to book burnings and concentration camps if this isn’t stopped, just wait. It is no coincidence that the neoNazis love this stuff and this is why they saluted Trump with the Nazi salute. I’ve been predicting this for years, but no one would believe me until now. They are turning the truth into lies and lies into the truth. Pretty soon we all might get confused. How will we know what to believe when Sinclair controls seventy percent of all TV programming in America with Trump TV and we will still have Fox. God help us if WAPO, MSNBC, and CNN are bought up by dominionists and trumpite billionaires! They are taking over the internet also and destroying public education so that our children will be indoctrinated like Hitler youth. While they falsely accuse liberals of indoctrinating America’s children, they will be the ones really doing it. If we can’t see the evil now and stop it we are lost forever. God help the rest of the world as well, because no one will ever be able to stop America’s military might. Who could stop us if we tried to take over the world? We could get an an alliance with Russia and Saudi Arabia and we could rule the world forever and control all the fossil fuels and keep the world from going green and preventing climate change. These republicans must like seeing blue California burn. They are turning the planet into burning hell so their god Satan will like it better.

1 Like