Home | About | Donate

Witnesses Against Death Row Grandmother Admit they Lied Following Threats from Prosecutors

Witnesses Against Death Row Grandmother Admit they Lied Following Threats from Prosecutors

WASHINGTON - Key witnesses against a British grandmother on death row in Texas have said that prosecutors in her 2002 trial threatened or ‘blackmailed’ them into testifying against her.

Among them is the only person who claimed to have seen Linda Carty (56) carry out the murder of Joanna Rodriguez, who has now admitted that Texan District Attorneys (DAs) “threatened me and intimidated me” into identifying Ms Carty as the culprit. Christopher Robinson, who was the key to the prosecution case, admits that he never saw Ms Carty kill anyone and his testimony to this extent at trial was a lie.

###

Linda Carty needs to be granted a new trial...pronto, before she is executed based on a pack of lies that people who were manipulated into telling by a super corrupt prosecutor. Here's hoping that Christopher Robinson's admission to having lied in his original testimony against Ms. Carty can overturn the conviction and save Ms. Carty from unjustified execution.

The fact that innocent people often end up being put to death, and that the person(s) who really and truly committed the crimes for which the innocent person who'd been executed, are found later, and they end up going free, is a good reason not to have the death penalty.

So why aren't those prosecutors being charged with conspiracy to commit the killing (ie. murder) of a woman they knew to be innocent?

This;

So why aren't those prosecutors being charged with conspiracy to commit the killing (i. e. murder) of a woman they knew to be innocent?

is a good question, martinhanson. Thanks for bringing that up.

Both of you are forgetting that we're talking about Texas. Texas executes more people in a month than any other state executes in a year. I would say the majority of the people on Death row in Texas were put there based on doctored, false, or nonexistent evidence. Some of the people who have been executed had attorneys who were asleep or in one case drunk during their trials. There is no way this woman or anyone else cane get a fair trial, let alone a retrial, in Texas. She is dead meat. Texas sucks.

That DA, Connie Spence should be brought up on charges of obstruction of justice. She should also be disbarred and fired from her job.

So what if this article does talk about Texas? There's still no excuse for the way the prosecutors handled it, in any event.