Home | About | Donate

Woman Dragged Out of West Virginia House Hearing For Listing Oil and Gas Contributions to Members

Woman Dragged Out of West Virginia House Hearing For Listing Oil and Gas Contributions to Members

Russell Mokhiber

Lissa Lucas traveled the 100 miles from her home in Cairo, West Virginia to the state capitol in Charleston Friday to testify against an oil and gas industry sponsored bill (HB 4268) that would allow companies to drill on minority mineral owners’ land without their consent.

Brilliant! We need 1000 people a day, throughout the USA, in every community, taking public action like this to expose the DEEP CORRUPTION at the HEART of US “democracy.”

The people get to vote, but it amounts to nearly nothing, as they are never really represented. whether it is at the Federal, State or Local level. We are living in an Oligarchy which is fraudulently presented as a “Democracy”. The interests of big money always prevail. The common good is not even seriously considered.

Thank you Lissa Lucas.

The beauty of speaking truth to power is that it forces the hand of abusive power. This is what the fight for democracy looks like! Now the nation has a chance to know.

This is the result of Citizens United - lets help it go rot in hell.
We Move to Amend.

". . . corporations have no consciences, no beliefs, no feelings, no thoughts, no desires. Corporations help structure and facilitate the activities of human beings, to be sure, and their 'personhood' often serves as a useful legal fiction. But they are not themselves members of “We the People” by whom and for whom our Constitution was established."

~Supreme Court Justice Stevens, January 2010

Feb 2018 newsletter We The People Move to Amend

We need details for these “Whiskey and Wine” events, to crash the party.

Seriously, it’s actually named that?! Is there a “Pedophile Snuff Party Alliance Gala” as well?

Paul Street’s current article goes into great depth about the structures in the USA, from the Constitution to the present-day super-rich, that render our “right to vote” almost powerless.

https://www.counterpunch.org/2018/02/09/we-the-people-trumped-by-constitution-and-capitalism/

Thanks! I read it.

At least she wasn’t thrown into a concentration camp. That comes later after the Oligarchy decides to take the gloves off and expose the mailed fist.
*As far as I know, none of the KBR no-bid concentration camps Bush had constructed have ever been torn down. They’re still ready for business.
*Some time ago, I ran across an RFP, by region, for companies to bid on laundry, food, security, maintenance, etc. for the camps. That is pretty spooky to me!
;-})

Miss Lucas, we cannot allow you to embarrass this body any longer!

In a day when lies are the norm, speaking the truth is an act of radicalism.

Immigrants ARE being thrown into concentration camps and environmental and peace activists as well are being sent off to the U.S. Gulag. Medium and high security prisons aint no hotels and most local jails are pits.

Orwell said something like that.

Miss Lucas, we cannot allow you to tell the “Truth” any longer.

People are represented by voting if only they would. If your representative doesn’t vote in your interest you vote them out. They also need to vote their own representatives out and not just complain about everyone else’s.

Why should an individual’s vote be affected by money donated to a representative? There is absolutely no reason why anyone’s vote should be affected by election propaganda paid for by anyone. I am certainly not in favor of citizens united but I fail to see why so many let their vote be affected by money.

For you information, I do vote. It is next to impossible to “vote them out” in a gerrymandered district. That’s why Republicans have become masters of gerrymandering. It’s the only way they can stay in office.

"Is there a “Pedophile Snuff Party Alliance Gala” as well?"
You might want to check in with Donnie John and his fellow ped, Roy Moore.

The Corporate State will not allow open challenges to its rule.

Bad PR and decision making for Mr. Shott.

Should have let her go on with her show, maybe cut into the time of someone who was actually gonna say something meaningful against the bill.

Oh, and you don’t believe her exposure of bribes for the bought off “public servants” is “meaningful”? As if she was not going to say anything “meaningful” after exposing the crooks- She was not given the chance!
“Public Servant”- now there is A word we have not heard in A while…