Home | About | Donate

Women Marched for Korean Reconciliation. Washington Is in Our Way.

Women Marched for Korean Reconciliation. Washington Is in Our Way.

Gloria Steinem, Christine Ahn

In 2015, we were among 30 women from around the world who came together to cross the Korean demilitarized zone (DMZ), the infamous strip of land that has separated North and South Korea since a “temporary” cease-fire hal

1 Like

It is crazy calling that area demilitarized when it is packed with land mines and heavily militarized just beyond the 2.5 mile point. In fact it is called the most heavily militarized area in the world.
Praise the the women working to solve the 65 year standoff. What a waste of resources to have this “demilitarized area”.

2 Likes

It’s been depressing how, since the 1990’s, women have been co-opted into the insanity of militarism & war (thank you Hillary & Michelle!) it’s great to see women finally pushing back against that deadly bullshit!

1 Like

Great job ladies on you’re work to bring peace and stability to Korea. If you’re waiting for the US government to endorse peace anywhere in the world, you’ve got a long wait. Peace doesn’t make the MIC or congress critters money, sad, but true.

1 Like

Hi flapdoodle64: yes sometimes women can be as terrible as the Mattis and Pompeos and Boltons of the world. " We came we saw, he died, " is an example of the Hillary woman without a soul.
Weirdly, I read that the DMZ is a marvel of plant , tree, and animal, and bird life, and that this 60 + years of warring and separation gave birth to a pristine area. I hope that it can stay pristine after the Koreas get together.
Weirdly too, I think Trump was on the right path—because, after all this time and all these past presidents—not one of them could end this ridiculous warring? : (

Christine Ahn has never criticized North Korea.

The authors are a bit behind on their estimate of US military spending, using a 2017 source. US military spending for 2019 is $892 billion and a Congressional committee has estimated that by 2024 it will be $1 trillion.