Home | About | Donate

'Womp, Womp': Lewandowski Epitomizes Trump Team's Cruelty After Told of Down Syndrome Child Separated From Her Mother

'Womp, Womp': Lewandowski Epitomizes Trump Team's Cruelty After Told of Down Syndrome Child Separated From Her Mother

Jon Queally, staff writer

Corey Lewandowski, top-level surrogate and former campaign manager for President Donald Trump, offered the world a revealing moment on Tuesday night when he issued a sarcastic fake cry in the form of "womp, womp" after a fellow guest on Fox News referenced a story of a ten-year-old girl with down syndrome being taken from her mother as part of the Trump administrations family separation policy—a practice whose cruelty has sparked national, and global, outrage over recent days.

Watch:

Will someone with young children please let me know at which grade level Lewandowski’s comments were made. I’m guessing around 6th grade. (That would be two levels up from an analysis of Trump’s speaking/tweeting patterns published recently. This analysis was based upon a well established procedure developed by the Navy to evaluate their instruction materials.)

“How dare you” indeed!

Had enough of these depraved/delusional right-wing trump regime scum and their contempt for damn near everything yet America!?

When Joseph Welch said his famous courageous words to Joe McCarthy at the HUAC charade, he began an awakening in America, dropping the scales from the eyes of a mesmerized America to end McCarthys reign of fear! An awakening we desperately need now more than ever! We must remember that McCarthy’s ally was Roy Cohn who was Donald trumps mentor…the entire trump regime is a cesspool of hate, cruelty, and contempt for truth, justice, human rights, common decency, and morality!

"Until this moment, Senator, I think I never really gauged your cruelty, or your recklessness - Let us not assassinate this lad further, Senator.- You’ve done enough. Have you no sense of decency, sir, at long last? Have you left no sense of decency?.

Make America Gag Again

A reminder/warning for Republicans:

In Germany, they first came for the Communists and I did not speak up because I wasn’t a Communist. Then they came for the Jews and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a Jew. Then they came for the trade unionists and I didn’t speak up because I wasn’t a trade unionist. Then they came for the Catholics and I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant. Then they came for me and by that time, there was no one left to speak up. - Martin Niemoller

And yet…In a lengthy interview yesterday on NPR’s “All Things Considered,” Brandon Judd, president of the National Border Patrol Council, told the interviewer, Mary Louise Kelly, repeatedly that border guards were NOT separating any children from their families. The interviewer was aghast. She repeatedly asked Judd about separating families using the Government’s own numbers, to which the border guard cheerfully repeated that no children were being separated from their families by the Border Patrol. On and on…

Who ya gonna believe, a Trump-loving Border Patrol head or your own lyin’ eyes?

This country is absolutely disgusting. I am more appalled at the fact that 45% of Americans approve off Trump and his administration - which includes all of this fascist, vile, reprehensible BS - than at the administration itself.

When such a large percentage of a country’s citizens are this cruel, callous, authoritarian, inhumane, and disgusting, is it even worth trying to save that society? Perhaps they are too far gone for salvation at that point, when the rot has infected such a large portion.

Cory Lewandowski mocks a Down’s syndrome child. What kind of uncivilized sewer would any sub-human being have slithered out of and feel they could get by with a smarmy comment that outrageous? Well of course in the Trump administration where by example the leader did the same to a disabled reporter, admits to disrespecting and abusing women by grabbing their genitals, repeatedly disrespects a military POW, repeatedly disrespects the people of the Muslim faith and darker skinned nations, repeatedly disrespects our former closest friends and allies, repeatedly disrespects our keepers of our democracy the Judiciary, law enforcement, the free press, even our number one right, our vote, and now disrespects the sacred bond of mother and child by his and his alone separation policy. Then as he has already serially proven in over 3,400 cited, documented, and dated cases, lies about it. And as he repeatedly and increasingly disrespects our civil and democratic norms his Republican Party sits silently by ignoring, deflecting, and enabling this constant outrageous un-American and values disrespect to continue. A pox on Trump, his fellow grifting little self-serving crime family, and the cowardly Republican Party.

Although a great post, I have my doubts it would even register with this group. I hope it was rhetorical, because no they are devoid of decency.

I don’t have great hearing, but I thought it sounded more like “Wah! Wah!” What does “womp womp” even mean?

Think about this for a moment. Here is a national figure, a spokesman for a sitting administration, feeling very comfortable going on national television and mocking those who claim sympathy for vulnerable children to an audience who applauds and fully supports him, and would in all likelihood continue to do so if he was calling for their executions.

Remember that during the conquest of this country, during one of its periods of “greatness” to which they want us to return, whole villages of indigenous people were mercilessly slaughtered, including the children. Others were taken from their “savage” parents and sent to schools to be immersed in white European Christian culture and “assimilated.”

This country has always had a terrible government, but we were all indoctrinated in the “land of the free” bullshit from our first days in school. The horrors committed in our name were kept from us, and still are not taught in schools, because it would likely be revolting to most people to hear of the lack of humanity inherent in those chosen to lead.

Many today are rejoicing in the Trump policy of inhumane treatment of those seeking asylum, and persecution of anyone who came or was brought here “illegally,” just as most supported the slaughter of the “savages” who were trying to keep the Europeans from their God-given destiny, which was to own and to rule this vast continent… These policies are all about racism and nothing more—it has been shown time and again that immigrants do not take jobs from “Americans,” nor are they a drain on the economy—what it really amounts to is that they are seen as a threat to white privilege, and that in sufficient numbers they could change the status quo.

I wonder if Michael Avenatti is on-the-scene at the border. He told NBC he was going down to offer his services to those trying to find asylum about a week ago. I sincerely hope he brings a class action for all those who were illegally detained and asks for plenty of money for them. Of course, it will have to come out of the taxpayer funds, but maybe there is some way Avenatti can find to make DJT pay for most of it from his “fortunes”, selling off his hotels, golf courses, and other holdings. That would be sweet!

I find it interesting that so many of these Right Wing Mouth Pieces will talk about the LAW and how important the laws of the land be enforced while their President suggests he above the law and can pardon himself for any crime.

I find it interesting that they can cite the rule of LAW while the United States Military violates laws everyday when it bombs and murders peoples in other Countries.

The Hallowed “founding fathers” to whom they all but fall on their knees in worship of , all BROKE the law and were criminals.

Truly mind bending indeed

As horrible as all this is, it’s falling into the trap of positioning an authoritarian right, which is confronting a problem, with a touchy-feely, “I feel your pain” left, which has no answers for people flooding across the border. Unless we confront the issues of why these people are fleeing and our role in it through our economic policy, most of the country will see no other option and become progressively more hardened in their attitudes. We have to show them what is really going on so they understand what is really happening and how to properly resolve the crisis, other than just, “Build a wall!”